MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Serious problem with subscriptions

Serious problem with subscriptions - Forums [Biker Match] Serious problem with subscriptions - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Serious problem with subscriptions

As we've all thought for ages, that "paypal is poo"... it's in fact NOT paypal at all! The 99p/week subscriptions that seem to cancel themselves after a few weeks... are because the BANKS are blocking the payment for security reasons. Silvi has been kind enough to contact her bank asking for an explanation. They have informed her that... "They thought that the £0.99 pence would be a test transaction for a future higher fraudulant attempt on the Credit Card. Therefore, because the card issuer refused to honor the £0.99, Paypal cancelled the subscription." It's no wonder all the subscriptions kept getting cancelled without warning (Or retrying). This leaves us with a big problem now! What do I do about the existing 99p subscriptions? What do I do about future subscriptions? I don't want to increase the amount required, but maybe we need to do it on a monthly term basis as a minimum? What do you all think?

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/03/2008 16:44  

I've no problem with paying monthly.

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/03/2008 16:47  

Maybe my credit card company aren't bothered about fraud then - cos they've not declined mine yet Not sure which of these states of affairs is preferable...

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 13/03/2008 16:48  

it could be 1 bank that's doing it, it could be credit cards only (not debit), it could be accounts that have a large amount of money in (therefore dangerous if the bank looses it), etc. Really am gutted. I've spent hours and hours having fights with paypal over this issue - and everything thinking it's bikermatch that's at fault (Yea there are still people who think that WE take payments) Think the monthly options is best then, i'll put an explanation on the payment-required page. I'll wait for some more comments here first though. I've tried my best to keep the site at newspaper-prices, and have managed for 2 years.... but i wondered why so many people were cancelling their subscriptions all the time (And when contacted they think that WE cancelled it lol)

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/03/2008 17:34  

Ok this is as it is now... Weekly 99p Monthly £4Saving 8% Quarterly - £11.50Saving 12% Half-Yearly - £22Saving 16% Yearly - £40Saving 24% The weekly option has this error next to it... "No longer available due to banks rejecting small payments. Sorry." If you want to change to the newer (discounted) options, please see this topic... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...amp;page=2 Thanks again everyone for your support

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/03/2008 17:42  

monthly payments better for me in fact

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 13/03/2008 17:44  

better for us too - don't have to pay the extortionate 23% paypal fees then. The more that change to the new options the better. Save yourself money too

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/03/2008 17:49  

That seems a better way to go Matt.

Update Reply
Di @ 13/03/2008 17:55  

Sending out email now. Should save us a fortune in paypal fees too, which im more than happy about. Would rather you guys save money than paypal take it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/03/2008 18:50  

Just a little continuation of the above. same thing just had my 99p subs rejected got e-mails from pay pal and bike match confirming canceled. so went for the 1 year option on 16th, guess what pay pal confirmed sub active at £40 and asked for 99p from bank on 18th which was rejected. Its enough to make a man eat his bairns well If I had any.

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 18/03/2008 14:10  

depends on ur payment method. If you use direct debit, it takes 10 days to go through. So ur always nearly 2 weeks behind. Paypal may also try to process the payment 3 times. Thanks for resubscribing, it makes a world of difference to the club

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/03/2008 14:21  

Thank You for your answer Matt, your right but if they say its canceled why do they keep on trying with the old amount even if they have to try 3 times. Or is it just the wonder of auto mated banking systems. The other thing is PP have deleted my bank details ( didn't work so must be wrong so got rid of it) funny how it worked setting it up in the 1st place. so had to put all those details back in again ARRGH! they are taking my subs via my card. I hope

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 18/03/2008 14:35  

yea its the wonders of today's banking systems. What shows up on your account is usually a few days old, normally at least 10 days for direct debit (3 days for card payments). Cos the bank rejected it, they think its a stolen/replaced card and so they take it off their systems. Crazy i know :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/03/2008 15:11  

I paid 6 months because I thought it was good value for money...so if you want us all to pay monthly Matt, then I have no problem with that...especially if you are handing over less cash to the banks!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 28/03/2008 11:35  

causes too much confusion for those who had a hard time signing up in the first place. Although it's so simple to change it's untrue. Login at paypal, cancel subscription... then follow prompts on bikermatch when ur sub runs out (Simply entering ur paypal email and password). I've coded the site to do all the hard work. The less often u pay, the better... less transaction charges (And larger amounts have a smaller % transaction fee. 99p payments costs 23%, and 99 pounds would be like 2%)

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/03/2008 12:42  

Hmm.

Except that - having signed up and paid for 6 months (in one go) a few weeks ago, PayPal have today e-mailed me to "Confirm" my canceled subscription.
Bit puzzling, that.

Update Reply
manhill @ 07/04/2008 09:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email