MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

10,000th Member Celebration Party - Matlock Bath, 6th April

10,000th Member Celebration Party - Matlock Bath, 6th April (16) - Forums [Biker Match] 10,000th Member Celebration Party - Matlock Bath, 6th April (16) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

10,000th Member Celebration Party - Matlock Bath, 6th April

just wanna say sorry for bein able to make today... couldn't get outta work......... was really lookin forward to meeting you all again + all those i not met....... Hope you all had a fab time....... xxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/04/2008 09:25  

mmm maybe aim to have the 20,000 celebrations when it is better weather. Sorry couldnt make it folks, i woke up to 2" snow and its snowing again here!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/04/2008 10:07  

Hope you all had a great time. Miffed I missed it, don't like travellin in Snow....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/04/2008 12:22  

Got back half an hour ago after four-wheeling it to Matlock. Brilliant drive out over the Cat and Fiddle in bright sunshine with crisp snow on the ground. We managed warm sunshine and snow flurries from one minute to the next in Matlock, but the drive back was grim, snow all the way on the high ground and then heavy sleet on the M6. I hope everyone who biked it got back/gets back OK. Numbers below estimate, so plenty of cake left over despite heroic efforts from my daughter to eat the lot. Will it keep for Rose's at home next month? Nice to meet some peeps only known from their photographs on the forum. I hope to put some pictures up midnight-ish after I finish work.

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/04/2008 13:03  

Just to say had a brilliant time, was great fun and lovely to meet old friends and new :-) Looking forward to the next meet :-)

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 06/04/2008 13:33  

lovely to see some old and new faces, hi to those I didn't get to speak to, its quite daunting and sometimes hard to recognise people from their pictures! Enjoyed the bit of snow we had, I guess I was lucky, travelling up on dry roads all the way there and back, just a trace of snow on the rooftops on the way home. I thought the cake was lovely, good on you RC for organising that!! Will see some of you at MCN and then the Bank Holiday celebrations coming up and looking forward to it already! Nearly forgot- well done to Matt for making it all the way in in the foul weather, was good to meet you at last, even if only briefly. bye for now x

Update Reply
roadangel @ 06/04/2008 14:05  

Had a great day. Lovely to see everyone again, and to meet some i hadnt met, and of course 'The Man Himself'(think i may have frightened him though ) Given the weather conditions on the way home, feel ever so slightly smug that i went in the car

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 06/04/2008 14:09  

HOME

Update Reply
petervalk @ 06/04/2008 14:28  

HOME and what a day, was brill to meet you all again and some new peeps. Ride there and back was mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm an experiance, but hay ho I like a challenge ? . roll on MCN

Update Reply
petervalk @ 06/04/2008 14:28  

Hi everyone, hope ya all got home safely, especially those on 2 wheels. I'm thinking on the same lines as DC with the only inconvenience was having to decide how warm to have the heating on in the car on way back, sorry! Had a great day and was great to meet more of ya this time, and a big thanks to Geoff who kindly gave me a lift there and back Here's looking forward to next time

Update Reply
sonz @ 06/04/2008 14:29  

had a great day,charlie and smiley had a great time,smiley particularly enjoyed the chat with daytona man,goodness knows what they were chatting about!! and charlie thinks liam is 'well cool'. hes now gone to bed all chocolate ice cream and candy flossed out!! was brilliant to meet all my old friends and my new ones too and looking forward to seeing u all again! specially good to chat to road angel,cassie and nutkin!! and great to meet the man himself too...bless him!!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 06/04/2008 15:28  

aw bless you JEN !! Was lovely to chat to you, so good to see you there, you deserve a medal for making the effort and even those sweet kids in tow! Glad you got home ok, look forward to seeing you soon!

Update Reply
roadangel @ 06/04/2008 15:34  

hi to every 1 i met at matlock today,, thanku to all for the grt welcome loved it ur all nice folk ,,,cant wait for the next 1 , n cheers for the cake yum xx

Update Reply
melaniej @ 06/04/2008 15:37  

Got home at 6pm. Weather wasn't too bad, just 10 miles of filtering down the M1 by Luton was a pain. Did Matt get there about 3.30-ish? Saw a Blackbird heading up the M1 that would have made Matlock around that time if it was him.

Update Reply
shooter @ 06/04/2008 16:01  

yeah shooter, matt did get there about that time so must have been him!

Update Reply
sonz @ 06/04/2008 16:23  

Big hugs to everyone who came to MB today...was lovely to meet old friends and to meet new...MJ glad you enjoyed yourself...Shooter remember what I said about my Open Day! Thank you Di for being a and driving me Jen, Charlie and Smiley...hope you got home safely... Thanks to those who told me that they got home ok..hope the rest of you did.... Thank you my wonderful friends for being there!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 06/04/2008 16:50  

I had a lovely day today despite the weather and the frustration of not going on my bike. It was nice to say hi to new people as well as people I have met before, its so funny though isn't it you can see people standing there just trying to match people to their profiles, for those that didn't recognise me sorry but I thought it was a bit cold to wear my crimpolene dress and cardi I have on in my profile pic, wonder how many of you spotted me though and knew who I was bet seeing me sitting there knitting gave it all away. RC thanks for organising the cakes. Matt it was nice to meet the main man, just sorry Chavbot was too busy with Doris to come today to meet you but if your at the BM Camping week end in June he should be making an appearence there.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 06/04/2008 16:55  

Yes been a brill meet was great to see u all again,

wasnt a prob cg glad u liked the cakes

and im like the cat that got the cream

Update Reply
RC @ 06/04/2008 17:33  

Superb day despite Mother Nature's best attempts to ruin it! After a couple of hours of lovely sunshine I was starting to regret leaving the bike at home and using the car - however, the trip home proved it had been a good decision (saying that it did get a bit warm at one point and I had to turn the heating down slightly!!!) All joking aside, I sincerely hope everyone got back ok and that those on bikes have warmed up again now! And cheers to Sonz for keeping me company on the drive there and back - it was entertaining just listening to you laugh hun!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 06/04/2008 18:45  

Brrr! I'm still thawing out. I don't know which ache to rub first Thanks to Martin for the lift, sorry I was a fidget but my knee was giving me hell. Thanks to R C for organising the cake, it was scrummy. Nice to see old and new faces and to meet Matt. Everyone give yourselves a round of applause for being there at all considering the crud weather.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/04/2008 04:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email