MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Does the site look dated?

Does the site look dated? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Does the site look dated? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Does the site look dated?

I've already deleted it. Matt all ya gotta do is VIEW em to see which one is duplicated. Are you having a 'blonde' moment? Strangely, when pics are submitted, most of them are duplicated when I get them in my email box.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/03/2008 08:57  

Sorry, didn't think.. looks like you've done it now, anyway ! Cheers agen !

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/03/2008 08:57  

PML see my post above

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/03/2008 09:03  

Lol...thanks Kwak ! Pmsl at Matt having a Blonde moment !!

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/03/2008 09:15  

me? Blonde? NEVA! lol Looks like a good party yesterday though - nice pics

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/03/2008 09:46  

Matt - Probably wrong area, but can i make a suggestion? Its about the photo's from events. Is there any way the big pic can come up as a pop up or something. If there are lots of pics(ie matlock), it takes forever to see the big pic, as the page is busy downloading all the little ones again. I know, eloquently put as always, but am crap at explaining things as you know!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 03/03/2008 17:32  

darkcarnival: Matt - Probably wrong area, but can i make a suggestion? Its about the photo's from events. Is there any way the big pic can come up as a pop up or something. If there are lots of pics(ie matlock), it takes forever to see the big pic, as the page is busy downloading all the little ones again. You read my mind D C, I agree entirely, it is a pain when there are loads of pics.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/03/2008 21:01  

yeah I agree !!

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 03/03/2008 21:10  

Just bringing this back up top so Matt sees it He is blonde after all!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 04/03/2008 17:33  

Matt, re pictures Can you not get the large image to open in a new window / tab (ie7) so that it doesn't have to reload the thumbs just a thought. Cheers

Update Reply
Rollin_Roger @ 04/03/2008 18:18  

hmmm, i see what you're saying. Might be a good thing to do actually. Or - maybe an iframe (basically, each time u click a pic it will load in the same space but wont reload all the thumbnails. Will improve site performance a lot too! Good idea - remind me at weekend cos im back to work now lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/03/2008 18:44  

Site seems good to me Matt. I agree with the comments about the pics tho. I'd also like to say thanks for setting the site up in the first place, and for putting so much time to it. Keep up the, very, good work!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2008 19:14  

Do i get a gold star?

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 05/03/2008 01:06  

I like the way the site is other than how some threads can get lost so constantly need bumping up, maybe if we could have sticky catergories, (if thats what you call them) like under different headings, for instance, one called Serious bike stuff, one called Anything and everything, one called Jokes and funny posts, one for ride outs,then in each of these sticky threads people could then add individual topic headings I know the events covers this but if someone suddenly decides they are going out on a ride and would others like to join them it could be put in this thread instead of events. Another site I use has their threads in sections like this which makes it so much easier to find info and also then stops any moans about having to scroll through loads of threads they don't find interesting. Hope I have explained myself Matt if not and you send me a pm.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 05/03/2008 04:25  

thinking of categorising the whole forum system. It's gonna be a big overhaul though, and i dont know where the existing topics are gonna fit it. Might need a few people to go through them all and move them to a suitable category.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/03/2008 14:21  

dont look at me,i got lost trying to tag my pic lol

Update Reply
katydevil @ 05/03/2008 14:35  

Well if I be of any help Matt just give me a shout.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 05/03/2008 17:10  

Matt, i can sit down and spend one of my days off doing that. that way you can give the moderators the powers to move topics for when topics are posted into the wrong section in future

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/03/2008 07:26  

Hi Im new to this Site (So im sorry to but in and hope i don't step on anyones Toes) I just wanted to say the Site is nice and easy to navigate but the Forum is a bit confusing. Definetly need Discussion sections and maybe delete 'really' old Post which have not been posted to by anyone for a few month. Silvi

Update Reply
Silvi @ 06/03/2008 23:37  

Surely frag, the peeps that posted the article would know were they wanted to put it? As for you silvi. The only peeps to step on toes round here are the ones who cant see there feet for eatin too many pies!! Deletin all the old posts is a good idea. But deletin all the old posters is an even better one. TM your time is coming mate. LOL

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 07/03/2008 02:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email