MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Does the site look dated?

Does the site look dated? - Forums [Biker Match] Does the site look dated? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Does the site look dated?

Does it? And if so - where abouts? I'm no good at graphics, colours, pretty patterns etc. I can make a black n white page that can do anything - but ask me to make it colourful and i really struggle. People keep telling me that the site looks dated etc. What do you think? What would you change?

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/03/2008 04:05  

I think its alright mate, if that is any consolation.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/03/2008 16:25  

yeah me to matt and if u start changing things u only confuse our kwak lol ( only jokin kwak)

Update Reply
RC @ 02/03/2008 16:33  

I like it the way it is - nice and simple for simple folk - no names. pmsl

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 02/03/2008 17:05  

Still looking good to us Matt Blue says its nice and easy for him to navigate

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2008 17:16  

yep thats right its easy to use, No worries Matt.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 02/03/2008 17:23  

Matt, If I may be so bold, possibly increase the speed of performance before adding whistles and bells. I appreciate that there has been an increase in active users that has had an impact. Apart from that it does what it says on the tin. PS thanks for setting it up as I have made lots of new friends thru the site.

Update Reply
Rollin_Roger @ 02/03/2008 17:33  

its great matt,simple and easy to use for us that struggle at times!!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 03/03/2008 06:36  

easy peesy!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 03/03/2008 06:55  

http://www.markjulian.co.uk/ have a dekko at some of my work!might be a bit ponsy for bikers!if anyones got a big biker weddiin on BM[plenty of bikes an leathers] i may be available for a meal an drinks accomodation[supplied on a cd only] jus for the hell of it!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 03/03/2008 07:02  

DON'T CHANGE A BLOOMIN' FING! OR ELSE!... ...I'll only get confused again Well ya perhaps could alter the 'delete PM' oojy wotsit I asked ya about, apart from that why fix wot aint broke?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/03/2008 07:48  

yea soz kwak i went clubbing last night at short notice and didn't get round to it. I'll do it now cos im off work today. Thanks for the comments folks. Roger, I've worked a lot on getting the performance increased, but the only way to make it any better now is to have a new server. We have 1,000 users online at times (mainly guests, not members), yet theres no increase in subscribers to help pay for the new server - i don't know where it's going wrong, maybe time of year. And the more members we get with profiles, the longer it's going to take running searches. And when running a search, anyone, it slows the site down whilst the search is running. It's why i restricted it to 100 miles and not 200 miles, as 200 miles was just too much. Nearly 10,000 members now though, keep up the good work promoting the site everyone! This is a great club we've got going, with some fantastic people (And Kwak lol).

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/03/2008 07:52  

Right kwak - you can now delete PMs whilst actually reading the PM (Rather than just the inbox screen)

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/03/2008 08:02  

This is a great club we've got going, with some fantastic people (And Kwak lol). Charming!! Cheeky sprog Right just for that YOU can compile the newsletter on your own, enter/edit events, add info to the events page, answer MY PMs from members with various queries, hand out the site promotion cards...let me see, do I do any other work on your/the sites behalf?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/03/2008 08:13  

calm down dear!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 03/03/2008 08:36  

haha, as I said there's SOME fantastic people here And I've not heard 'sprog' for years! lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/03/2008 08:37  

Matt, I've posted some pics from the Matlock Bath meet, but I accidently posted one twice, is there a way I can delete one? Cheers Karey x

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/03/2008 08:40  

Only myself, Kwak & the moderators can delete event pics. I'll go dig it out now. Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/03/2008 08:46  

Cheers Matt !

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/03/2008 08:49  

Sorry ur gonna have to give me a link :-) They're randomised and i cant easily find which one is duplicated

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/03/2008 08:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email