MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Doesn't time fly...

Doesn't time fly... - Forums [Biker Match] Doesn't time fly... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Doesn't time fly...

It's 10 years since I joined this site, and this month (July) 10 years since my first BM camping trip - https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=3541
It was raining then I see too 😏

And over 9 years since the first Loch Ness thing - https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=4156

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/07/2022 11:40  

Sure does Steve, one of the first soirée’s I did with BM was your run to Fort Augustus. Brill it was, since then, I have met lots of nice peeps on here.

Update Reply
peter1200gs @ 30/07/2022 15:00  

I was about 6 months after you then Steve, and my first BM foray was one of your Dent weekends:

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=3939

It's a wonder I stayed on!

Glad I did and was here to meet Danny 🤩 when he joined.

In all these years, what stands out, Sensei?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 30/07/2022 15:23  

It'll be 10 years in October when I joined, my first outing was bonfire night at Squires...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 30/07/2022 16:04  

Izzy the one that stands out the most to me was that first Loch Ness trip. A good group of people in Gods Own Country, glorious weather and a week of such silliness.
In particular though was that gentle pootle up the A861 😈😈😈😈
You had to be there.
Thankfully the police weren't 😏

We need another long trip next year methinks.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/07/2022 20:11  

Is the Salutation still going?
Used to do Notts a lot from Yorkshire. Salutation, Trip to Jerusalem and a few other pubs I can't quite remember up and down the city. Of course along with Rock City. Was a great night round the city with loads of memories.
We used to kip in our car or van up in the multistorey carpark next to Rock City 😃😎

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 02/08/2022 22:49  

Yes Harleyy it was amazing. Never been down those cellars though at the Sal, but I bet it was an experience 😃

Hazy days indeed in Notts. I used to date a girl there who just lived on the edge of the centre. She showed me some ace places and on Sundays we used to go to her stables out in the countryside. Where she tried to train me as an horses apprentice 😃

One thing I remember is the tale and legend about the curse at the trip and I saw the object in person just gathering dust upstairs. It was a model galleon ship and if it was cleaned it would afflict people that touched or tampered with it. As someone did on one occasion, so it was left well alone to gather dust. I think last time I saw it about ten years back and it had been put in a secure case upstairs?
Whether it's still there I don't know?
😃😎

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 04/08/2022 22:01  

yes it was still there last time i was there! and the chair you but meant to sit in our you will get pregnant!!

there's tunnels all under notts I believe and I bet there are some to the castle! but that the castle is much to write home about as it was burnt down and more like a mansion house built in its place ... but I loved all the history....

did you ever go to goose fair? amazing!! about 70 stalls, 2 big wheels, every big ride you could think of and packed every night.....

i too loved nottingham.. she's a city that did me well. i used to walk my dog at a place called wollaton hall, with red and roe deer in the grounds. batman was filmed there and we weren't allowed in for a few weeks but when we were they still had the fake graveyard set up in the grounds.... so many cool memories of notts, .... but I also know I left when i was meant to 🎵🎶🎵✨

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2022 22:17  

Ye think I recall the chair prophecy if I think back deeply enough?
I've also heard of the underground cellars. I think there was a most haunted episode done down there at some point?
I did go to the goose fair too with ex my girlfriend at the time and it was another amazing experience. Great event.

Only negative though that I have with Notts is there false claim for the Robin Hood Legend. Which I hate to say is by far one of the biggest publicity scams and scandals of all-time. I'll leave it there on that subject and think it would be better with respect to draw a line under that regarding my views 🤔🤔

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 04/08/2022 23:39  

yeah that's fair enough... we all have our own views and beliefs and that's the right way 👍🎇 ... all good 🙏😁

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2022 14:37  

Mick, yes the Sal is still open. Night out in Nottingham anyone? 🤔

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/08/2022 15:46  

Me me me...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 18/08/2022 16:33  

Thanks Lindsay 👍
Ooh ya

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 18/08/2022 21:02  

I'll see what I can do. I'm sure that the couple who run it now are friends of my daughter. I'll be seeing her at the weekend, so will see if we can sort something for a night out.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/08/2022 21:51  

Be great to relive the good times and see if the old place as changed 👍

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 24/08/2022 00:16  

I believe it did have a bit of a facelift when it got handed over. But I've never been in, i've only ever driven by on way to daughter's home, before she moved out of Nottingham.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/08/2022 15:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email