MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Wild Camping ?

Wild  Camping ? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Wild  Camping ? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Wild Camping ?

i wish I was up on that area coz deffo be up for it 😁

sitting around a camp fire, middle of nowhere, pitch black, friends....beer and music bit of food to cook on fire and move on to new place next day..... now that sounds....yesssss

but I'm not in the vicinity so that just my musings

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2022 20:52  

You've always got to travel for the good things...
The should just give me petrol & beer tokens for my pension 🤪

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 31/07/2022 13:35  

I could be tempted for a south wales wildish camp

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2022 20:50  

Think there’s something special about going back to basics … love getting out for the day with a tarp and not much else and just submerge myself in a phenomenal landscape. Really good for the Soul

Update Reply
GoldenGirl @ 04/08/2022 06:59  

The best thing about it, is being self sufficient. Pitching the tent and cooking for yourself over a camping stove. 😁

Rather than sitting watching someone else doing it.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/08/2022 11:51  

You'll need to fashion rudimentary speaars and bows and arrows to truly make it wild camping,

Update Reply
Double six @ 04/08/2022 13:24  

you want to play cowboys and Indians again 66??? 😝😝😂🤣🤣 haa

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2022 22:21  

I better start making some snares and sharpen my knife if we gona be living off the land

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2022 07:14  

I would love to join you maybe we should get to know each other

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Think there’s something special about going back to basics … love getting out for the day with a tarp and not much else and just submerge myself in a phenomenal landscape. Really good for the Soul...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2023 12:00  

I do alot of camping on Dartmoor princetown has two pub's one with it's own campsite with shower block.

Update Reply
Pip24 @ 29/10/2023 23:21  

I love camping and am always looking for new places to visit. I do like decent toilets and shower blocks though and if you can have camp fires (whether on the ground or raised) is always a bonus.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/11/2023 12:39  

Which pubs are still open Pip? Used to have a rally there every year with GSClubUK but the pub closed down (Feathers?). Moved back up North now but fond memories, especially of one New Year’s Eve camp there. Cold, frost, fire pit, mulled wine and great friends.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I do alot of camping on Dartmoor princetown has two pub's one with it's own campsite with shower block....

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 02/11/2023 10:21  

The feathers is open again Haven't camped there for a while as got friends with a farming family about 4 miles from princetown who lets me camp in one of there fields and have camp fire going and they will bend over backwards to help in any way.
Best farmers I've known as most are grumpy

Update Reply
Pip24 @ 07/11/2023 22:17  

I’ve wild camped on motorcycles for over 40 years in the Uk and Europe it’s easy with a bit of planning, being organised and self sufficient. Winter wild camping is the most fulfilling when you get it right Scotland, Norway Austria etc

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2024 20:50  

New member very tempted but a bit shy

Update Reply
BabyAtwin @ 19/04/2024 00:39  

BabyAtwin dont be shy get along to 1 of the camps there a great bunch on here we dont bite, well some of them do but only in a good way. All welcome at the camps and meets so take a look at the events and threads and come along and join in

Update Reply
JP @ 19/04/2024 05:29  

When travelling to festivals I normally hit the M25 after 22.00 because I hate it during the day time then once clear go another 100 miles or so depending on the direction heading then wild camp down interesting B roads woke in some very lovely spots

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 21/04/2024 22:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email