MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Wild Camping ?

Wild  Camping ? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Wild  Camping ? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Wild Camping ?

The Crown in llanfihangel just off A5 by couple of miles has a great little campsite, just saying!!! Roads round here were built for bikes!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2022 16:50  

KISS. Suggest a site and dates, post link to site, let everyone book there own pitch and pay job sorted, no need to f*ck about is it this is it that, if it's not suitable then tough, wait till the next one or the one after, people need to be more involved and not leave it for others to wipe their backsides, been there done that got the T shirt. Just sayin' 🤣🤣

Update Reply
dynax @ 25/07/2022 20:15  

Dynax, sometimes it's better to approach things with a view to having a successful event. Rather than putting a 'half-cocked' plan together and having a poorly organised camp which gets moaned about forever and a day.

Some people like to organise, others like to attend... There is nothing wrong with that.

Just because you feel that is 'wiping backsides' doesn't necessarily mean that everyone feels the same. "Just sayin!"

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/07/2022 21:13  

As there are many Llanfihangels in Wales I think Tiger Travels is referring to Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr on the B5105 East of Cerrigydrudion (which is on the A5). As he says, brilliant roads 😁👍

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 25/07/2022 21:58  

And if Tigers suggestion goes ahead let the satnav pronounce the place names because for sure I'm not going to try & do it 😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 25/07/2022 22:26  

What's with the KISS dynax and your right some time you can put a tremendous amount of effort in to organising and arranging things for people and still get complaints, so perhaps it is best to tell them were and when and let them organise themselves

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/07/2022 00:38  

It's an acronym for Keep It Simple Stupid. No disrespect to anybody but we are talking about " Wild Camping " here or as near as we can legally speaking.

Wild camping is what it means there are no amenities, no showers no nothing, if you need the toilet you dig a hole, and when you leave it should be as you arrived, there should be no evidence that anyone has been there.

This kind of camping won't appeal to everyone, and probably not suited for families, and only really viable for small groups half a dozen people at the very most and even then that is pushing it.

So I still stand by my previous comments, someone chooses a site and date, the rest is up to the individual party to do the rest, it's not a rally it's just roughing it for a day or two, basically the same as a ride out.

I post regular ride outs for chippy runs and other places for people to join me, if nobody wants to go I don't have a meltdown, I go on my own, same principle, if nobody else wants to go to or can't make that date then go on your own, it is that simple.

There is no reason why there can't be one on a monthly or even fortnightly basis, not everyone will go at the same time, you will be looking at maybe 2-3 people at any one time, and that is it, so accept it for what it is, it will not be everyone's cup of tea.

People just need to look and find a site they like the look of and suggest a date that suits them, and post it.

Update Reply
dynax @ 26/07/2022 06:58  

Dynax, the organisers know what KISS is an acronym of, they successfully ran 4 or 5 bm rallies bearing that title.
You're right though, decide where you want to go, announce it and do it. If you end up solo so be it.
It has been more successful if members arses are wiped because most attendees prefer to have lifes little luxuries when camping, like not having to shit in a hole you have to dig yourself.

Update Reply
Double six @ 26/07/2022 14:15  

Dynax. I am unable to book anything right now as I am not in my home area, I didn't want to advertise this fact for obvious reasons, but this is why I have not arranged anything yet.
I have organised several successful camps so far, so I am quite capable of doing so
Wind your neck in

Update Reply
Fink @ 26/07/2022 16:49  

Does this we wil have to ride there with a shovel on our back

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/07/2022 18:53  

Unless, Bill, you can train the local wildlife to dig a latrine for you, some sort of entrenching tool will be needed 😂.

Update Reply
Double six @ 26/07/2022 19:28  

Entrenching tool, well I've head it called a few things but thats a new one in me 🤣

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/07/2022 22:43  

Back in the 80's that's all me an the bro's did anyway.
You know:

"Well you don't go any special place that's cornball style. It builds up during the week then you just go" Brando in the wild one.

We slept wherever we could church doorways, railway stations, remote farmers barns you name it. Sometimes with or without tents or sleeping bags. Without any warm or waterproof clothing and equipment.
Just going round and round until we found the right place. The right field, hill or wood Following our nose and just taking what comes and whatever happens.

Oh those hazy days....

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 26/07/2022 22:46  

Entrenching tool Bill, a small folding spade that sometimes also doubles up as a pick. Very effective weapon in close quarters combat if, pardon the pun, ''caught short in hostile territory''.

Update Reply
Double six @ 26/07/2022 23:25  

Plus using the shovel for the old army trick, to wind up and get the new recruit thinking more. After his attempted number two in the bushes.
I'll leave it at that and to people's imagination 😃

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 26/07/2022 23:30  

You've got me lost now Mick are we going camping or on a assault course

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/07/2022 01:23  

Fink, I never said otherwise or questioned your capabilities.

Update Reply
dynax @ 27/07/2022 06:27  

Would explain more Bill but it could get a bit too graphic for here.
Next time I see you you prompt me or I'll prompt you and I'll explain a bit more 😃👍

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 27/07/2022 09:22  

Can't wait Mick but i think I'll give this wild camping thing a miss, I've never been a fan of just sitting in a field with a few cans, much prefer a pub or a marquee to use

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/07/2022 13:50  

I've got a place in mind, there is a pub very near, but I'm unable to do anything yet until mid to late August , but please feel free to carry on chatting, it's all quite amusing, (although sometimes I feel as though I've created a monster ?)

Update Reply
Fink @ 27/07/2022 16:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email