MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Bikes and Boats

Bikes and Boats (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Bikes and Boats (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Bikes and Boats

It was a bloody good childhood, wish I could have given the same to my daughter

Update Reply
Fink @ 01/07/2022 23:03  

I spent 3 years going to school on a boat and I don't mean taking the Woolwich ferry to get there.
It was moored just down river from Tower Bridge

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 02/07/2022 07:00  

Chartered bareboat in BVI - Pirates Pub / Saba Rock - great memories
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
" I've sailed around the British Virgin Islands and the islands aroundTurkey,"

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 02/07/2022 20:18  

I was born on a boat, mum never made it to the hospital and dad literally took the shirt off his back to wrap me up. No roads, rivers were the 'highways'.
Travelled by ship a couple of times from SE Asia as a child so been through Suez and around Cape of Good Hope. River cruise down the Rhine was part of our last trip home. Land based after that with just the odd ferry and school cruise, then dad went back overseas and every summer and Christmas for nearly ten years we took up sailing dinghies and keelboat, and did some water skiing.
Was lucky enough to win a ride crewing with Shirley Robertson for the round the island, Isle of Wight, race - that was fun!
Always enjoy a wee ferry crossing and up here there's enough opportunity for that to keep me happy.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/07/2022 21:42  

I have a Norman 23. I got her from whales, rebuilt her from the inside out, she now on the cannal east of Manchester

Update Reply
DC Bob @ 04/07/2022 17:55  

sounds amazing izzy 😁💫. we came back through the suez when we moved back to UK from Cyprus i believe, but i was only a wee lass so vague memories 😄😄💦

my mate has a Norman and for years i though he had named her that 😄. he keeps his ferrets on her and towed her behind the narrowboat 💫

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2022 19:33  

Yes am intrested

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2023 13:41  

I once rowed around the boating lake at butlins minehead when I was about 10. Thought I was Errol Flynn.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/04/2023 14:17  

lmfao 😂😆😜😜

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I once rowed around the boating lake at butlins minehead when I was about 10. Thought I was Errol Flynn....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2023 17:28  

Still playing wi boats
Got a cat an 23ft seamaster sailer
Started wi canoo built from kit in early 70s

Update Reply
havfun @ 09/05/2023 16:17  

Grew up in Cornwall, so was raised on boats. Maybe one day I'll own one, but doesn't really fit my lifestyle at the moment sadly

Update Reply
Brinstarr @ 01/06/2023 08:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email