MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Earthquake?????

Earthquake????? - Forums [Biker Match] Earthquake????? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Earthquake?????

Jeeeeeeez its 12.50am...and there was a massive tremor just now!! I'm not kidding ! My dog jumped a mile! It was like a low rumbling...then my house shook..Seriously !!!!!! Fek fek fek...!!! Did anyone else feel it????? We had a small 'tremor' here a year or two back...but nothing like this !!! My hearts going 10 to the dozen !!!!! I don't like it

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/02/2008 20:02  

Yep had one here in Leeds. I was outside having a crafty smoke and it pinged me off the railing i was leaning on. Near crapped myself. Work has just gone mental!!!!!! 999 has lit up like a xmas tree

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 26/02/2008 20:05  

and here in Northamptonshire too. Feck it scared the living crap outta me!!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 26/02/2008 20:08  

same here. one heavy jolt...whole house shook about 12.57am

Update Reply
Wills @ 26/02/2008 20:09  

Had 2 here, a small one then seconds later a bigger one. Very strange sensation

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 26/02/2008 20:11  

the earth moved for you then dc? I honestly thought the house was going to shake apart and the sound was weird!!! I've got goose bumps now!!

Update Reply
Di @ 26/02/2008 20:15  

Its a long time since the earth moved like that for me!!!!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 26/02/2008 20:21  

Update Reply
Di @ 26/02/2008 20:23  

lol 4.7 on the reichter ..apparently !!

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/02/2008 20:33  

And here, freaked me out, lasted about thirty seconds. Was sat here and the cabinets started shaking - woahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 26/02/2008 20:33  

Lol @ DC...getting thrown off the railings !!! :D 4.7 on the reichter ..apparently !! oooooh eeeeerrr lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/02/2008 20:34  

Beeb now saying 5.1..best for 20yrs. This quote tickled me - David Somerset, 41, from Driffield near Beverley in East Yorkshire, said: "I have never felt one as strong as that one before. I was in my sitting room and the grandfather clock was rattling rather violently. "It was very strong, I felt the whole room moving."

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 26/02/2008 21:36  

How very quaint!

Update Reply
Di @ 27/02/2008 01:57  

i felt it too,good job my house didnt shake,its council and not in the best condition lol

Update Reply
katydevil @ 27/02/2008 02:31  

yep had 2 here as well scared the **** out of me!

Update Reply
RC @ 27/02/2008 03:15  

12.58 when it woke me. According to BBC News it measured 5 on the Richter scale. I dunno what size it was but it shook my bed so violently it set my sciatica off lol Like Karey I was scared. I live on my own most of the time so it was a big shock when I felt like someone was shaking me awake. Lol Katydevil, I'm in council property too and it's up for demolition, I thought they'd started already without letting me know. I hope everyone is ok, and property not damaged. One lad in Wombwell (not far from Karey) had a chimney fall on his leg and has to have an operation on his leg today.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/02/2008 03:46  

woke up to the bed shaking best time iv had in bed for ages

Update Reply
petervalk @ 27/02/2008 04:04  

awww pete,you dont get any tiffin then pmsl

Update Reply
katydevil @ 27/02/2008 04:49  

I must be an insensitive b**ch cos I never felt a thing up here near Durham!! Damn, I missed out on the earth moving experience, just my luck.....!!!

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 27/02/2008 04:53  

yeah strong rumblings in Nottingham too, the first rumblings woke me up immediately (light sleeper though!), felt as though a train had gone through my new house. I've just moved and wondered if it was the area/house or something I'd done lol!? Then the second wave came almost immediately and shook my house from the foundations up - rattled me and the bed I was still in - very scary and yes, earth moving, but not in the way Id like. Freaky uh? I text my other half in Leics who was so freaked out he came hurtling down the M1 to me so I wasnt on my own and we spent the next couple of hours drinking tea and chatting about it lol!!! Aaaaww nice to have him with me but not sure who was more scared or who was looking after who (big hard biker uh lmao!!!) both knackered today, not much sleep but very different and exciting in a scary kind of way. Hope all ok out there though!? Sandy x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/02/2008 05:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email