MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Back to Balloch O'Dee

Back to Balloch O'Dee (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Back to Balloch O'Dee (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Back to Balloch O'Dee

Tomorrow is meal prep and freeze day...
Wish me luck!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/05/2022 22:55  

Sorry but there is a restriction on the trade of 10mm sockets....

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Oooo, shiny things! Danny's a sucker for shiny tools 🔧

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 28/05/2022 07:19  

Quote:
Sorry but there is a restriction on the trade of 10mm sockets....

Surely that precisely what these Border Reiver camps are there to circumvent????

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 28/05/2022 07:39  

I thought James 1st (6th to some) got rid of the Reivers ?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 28/05/2022 08:14  

Depends how minimum pricing varies the cost of bottle either side of the border; but you'd have to ask our resident sheep expert about any actual rustling that may still continue.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 28/05/2022 10:13  

Just watch it behind the wall

"They may take our lives but they will never take our freedom arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

😃😜

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 28/05/2022 11:17  

Put your 'skirt' down Mick!!
🤔🙄😬😳

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/05/2022 15:52  

😂😂 Flash flash 😜

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 28/05/2022 16:07  

My eyes, my eyes, I cannae seeeeee! 🙈🧐

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/05/2022 19:23  

Brings an whole new meaning Lindsay to the event heading 'Back to Balloch 🤭🤭😃

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 29/05/2022 14:36  

Just a heads-up for anyone coming up from Squires.
The A1 is likely to be busy and the A66 gridlocked with everyone going to the Lakes.
To avoid the traffic from J50 on the A1 take the A6055 (that's part of the old A1).
At Scotch Corner aim for the B6275 to Piercebridge and then the A67 to Barnard Castle.
You know the way from there.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/05/2022 18:00  

Just before M-in-T is Middleton, which is good for petrol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2022 22:21  

You might mean Mickleton... The garage there was much cheaper than the one in Middleton-in-Teesdale at Easter 👍

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 31/05/2022 22:48  

Please make sure if your are coming to camp, to mention your part of izzys group. As it's seems to be getting busy. So best to book. Only 5 booking that site manager knows off. Don't want to turn people away. Or we just camp cosy lol 😆

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2022 23:20  

thats a good shout danny , i sent them an email quite a few days ago but never heard anything back from them so il give them a bell tomorrow

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 01/06/2022 00:44  

Aye you're best to give them a call might be busy on site and not caught up with emails yet

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2022 07:33  

James, the owner, was away yesterday and his wife said I'd be better emailing. James did get back to me by email.

I said that I was expecting approx 12 tents/bookings (16 peeps); he has 5!

There might be others that he hasn't linked to us, but has asked us to "keep a reasonably tight camp" as he is expecting to be busy.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 01/06/2022 07:42  

Ok, who snores ...? Line up please...

Also do I get extra points for booking? 🤔😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 01/06/2022 09:04  

Well I'm booked in. I expect the "can't find my own arse with both hands and an instruction manual" people who haven't will be allowed to sleep in a midge infested bog outside of the main campsite :-)

Regarding snoring DizzyDot is a mistress of that sort of behaviour - a constant cacophony of wind throughout the night from both ends.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/06/2022 12:33  

Actually what I meant to post was about the ride up for those that are foolish enough to want to join me for the ride up. I'm heading cross country and avoiding motorways and major A roads whenever possible. This won't add miles but it will mean lot of wiggly bits.

I'll be leaving Middleton in Teesdale about 11:00 then heading Alston, Brampton and then Longtown where we can stop at the Sycamore Tree cafe.
From there it's Gretna where I intend to pick up the B721 / B724 towards Dumfries. Those from the deep south who are missing dense impenetrable traffic can hop onto the A75 instead.
A few miles past Dumfries I will be taking off on the New Galloway road which eventually leads us to Newton Stuart. It's an entertaining run but if you would rather go in a straight line feel free to stick on the A75. I appreciate some of you who have travelled far might just want to get there by that point.

Aldi and Sainbury's at Newton Stewart for supplies.
Petrol on the way at Alston, Longtown, Gretna, Dumfries and Newton Stewart - prices from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Actually most likely just ridiculous!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/06/2022 12:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email