MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

No disrespect

No disrespect - Forums [Biker Match] No disrespect - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

No disrespect

I look at these forums with optismism And so badly feel WHY is this a biker site or a dating site, feeling rather confused. The number of women on here that have never riden a bike if you are just after a man arnt there enough other dating sites you could go on I am a biker and want to meet other like minded pepes Dont want to know what you are having for lunch etc although am guilty for going with the flow sorry for offending anyone but have felt this for a while

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 24/02/2008 20:06  

This site is BOTH. It's a biker SOCIAL site which started life solely as a dating site. No offence taken L C, and I hope none given when I say just cos a site is about dating or biking, or whatever the topic, doesn't mean folk can't discuss or chat about OTHER topics too. Some folk complain on a bike site if folk don't talk about bikes and nothing else, well I find that totally yawn-worthy, I like a bit of banter and a variety of topics to chat about. Tho I do get what you're saying, about the trivia topics. I understand what you mean about non-bike-riding women looking for a biker, but maybe that's why they are on here cos they are only interested in bike riding men. What frustrates me more than that is folk who join and on their profile they put they're 'not looking for anyone', so WHY are THEY here?? Now THAT is confusing.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/02/2008 20:25  

Absolutely kwak about your comment last "Looking for nobody" May be its time of year just had time tonight to look at profiles why is it you dont get any men on here who say pillion only but the number of women who do is a lot im sorry just going off on one as a female biker, feel let down joining this site and meeting women raving about their new cage or who doesnt know when the rally season starts,

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 24/02/2008 20:36  

I don't go to rallies, tho I think they start as early as February/March and end as late as December, or perhaps it's year-round? Depends how hardy/keen/healthy/affluent one is I guess. Not all woman want to ride a bike, probably loads of reasons. The Queen has loads of cars but doesn't drive one, except the land rover/4x4 on the estate perhaps? I've met quite a few so-called bikers (male) as potential dates and found out they don't ride their bike all year round, or they don't ride their bike much at all and go most places in their car. So you see it's not just a female thing. One potential date told me he wouldn't ride long distance on his bike and he hated travelling as he drove for a living, so why is HE on a bikers site?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/02/2008 20:50  

i first joined the sister site bikechat,but the room was always empty,so i joined bikermatch,i was hoping to meet biker mates and yes im only a pilly,and no i dont have my own bike or am i looking for a bloke,so does that mean i shouldnt be on here,im not a 100% biker,i dont know wen the rally season starts,people talk bikes but if you did that all the time it would get pretty boaring,im quilty of the seeking no one as the options are man woman or either,it dont say friendship,if i put bloke im gonna get pms.i do know wat your saying,but there isnt a bikersite for just friendship,if there was id be on it along with the other women,then it would just be mostly men on here,and thats just wrong lol

Update Reply
katydevil @ 25/02/2008 03:02  

I dont own a bike and i have always said i dont own one, i do know when the rally season starts, and i do go on as many as i can, but have a child and bein a single mum i cant afford to go on loads, and because peeps have seekin no on does that mean we cant come on here?

some have meet there partner through bm so does that mean now there attached they can no longer post or go in chat?

some people i no who have bikes as well as cars go to the rock n blues in there car,

1 they have they kids with them
2 can fit all there campin gear in the car.

I also know peeps who have there own bike club but for health reason can no longer ride there bike, so does that mean they can no longer be in a club?

yes i was one who said i owned a cage i need a car more than i need a bike..so does that mean i can longer come on bm?

If so why did matt make me a moderator of his site as well as other mods?

rant over.....

Update Reply
RC @ 25/02/2008 05:19  

No offence taken on my part LC, but I can see the point from both sides.... Unfortunately for us ladies, it is a male dominated hobby is biking, some of us have been in previous relationships where ex hubby/ partner rode a bike and never got round to it ourselves, fortunately for me, I had more feist, and when my ex hubby started to moan that it wasn't the same for him riding "2's up" I took the attitude of, "Well, if I can't beat em I'll join em!", and saved up hard and did my CBT and test within 3 months. Although I enjoy riding solo, I still enjoy the togetherness of riding pillion with my loved one, plus they're usually a bit braver and faster or more skilled as a rider than I am, as I've only been passed just over 2 years. I'm a rally virgin, not been to any, purely due to childcare reasons in the past, but hoping to make that different this year!! I do see your point, it does get confusing at times, but I've met loads of lovely male and female members from the site, including yourself at Squires last year, and now I've been lucky enough to meet a lovely fella from the site, so its served both purposes for me, and I'm over the moon!!

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 25/02/2008 06:01  

Although this stated out as the dating site of Bikechat, it is now as much as a social site as a dating site. A lot of bike internet forums are not that friendly places to be and get extremely cliquey and bitchy. If people want to come on this site just to make friends then that is fine with me, I dont think that it is fair just to block someone as they are in a relationship and are not looking for anyone. Maybe Matt should put an extra slot in so when it asks who you are looking for then you have the option of saying friends. As for women who dont ride, well there are a lot out there that either dont want to ride, or are interested in learning or only want to sit on the back. The ones who are unable to ride for what ever reason be it mental, physical or monetary, but still have an interest in bikes or the "biker" lifestyle, then they are all welcome. The ones that really get my back up are the ones who want to meet a biker, but then they dont want them to continue biking. If i get wind of any of those types then i will BAN them, as they dont have a place on a site like this! Been there, had that, the bike is still here, they aren't As for topics, yeah, some of them are totally banal, but its just idle banter to fill the time. If they dont interest you, then ignore them. I would rather have a forum filled with a mixture of serious, fun and idle off the wall topics that is being actively used, than a forum that is for serious bike topics only, with a load of stuffed shirts posting on them as if their word is the word of god. there are 20 something pages of forum topics on this site, if you dont like what is on the front page, then go back through some, i am sure you will find something that will interest you, post a comment, and it will go back to the front page. Its better for the site if there are active threads rather than obsolete ones. Sorry for the essay folks

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/02/2008 06:41  

Hi All I joined when I was having bike lessons as I wanted to meet bike-minded people for friendship/rideouts etc etc. I did state that I was looking for "no-one" as I wasn't particularly interested in finding a man or going on dates but was open to both male/female friendships. As it happened I not only made alot of biking friends who Im regularly in touch with and have given me lots of bike advice the benefit of their experiences but one of them turned out to be my beloved partner too. I now moderate for BM and love to chat to people Ive got to know and love via PM's and forum postings. Im now looking foward to meeting up with them at rallies, rideouts and bike meets now Ive passed my test and got my Duke! I guess this site can be used for bikers past/present, with/without bikes, interests in bikes, bikers, friendships or dating................as long as it's used within the rules so its safe and good to be a part of, I dont see why it cant be flexible. Im glad I found this site it's brought alot into my life and there's alot of interesting topics up for discussion on here which change all the time. I hope others enjoy the site and feel the same as me............each to their own - it's our differences that make it so good!!! Sandy x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2008 06:57  

Is it really a problem if someone is on here simply because they have an interest in bikes and simply want to meet friends? I don't think so at all. So someone is on here simply because they enjoy riding pillion on a bike! Fine! Happy to take any young lady for a spin if that is what they enjoy, attached or otherwise. Besides, they may not be looking for someone themselves, but they may have a cute mate who is lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 25/02/2008 08:13  

If your not into Hugs giving yourself Mr Miss or other such like mundane names or think that sports bikes are the only thing that should be let on the road and actually makes you a REAL MAN or Chick then it seems you have no place on this site. Ah well, hugs to all, can't stop giggling and getting really excited, that should cover all site requirements.

Update Reply
Shy Tot @ 25/02/2008 08:20  

Some really interesting comments made on this posting. To me, this site is definititely a social site and I've met loads of great people since I joined. I didn't join with the intention of finding a relationship, but I've been exceptionally lucky in finding a wonderful lady to share my life with and we'll both continue to use the site and we'll definitely continue to meet up at events such as Matlock/Squires or even rallies. Both Cassie & I agree with the 'friendship' option on the profiles (Fraglette's comnment) so it clearly defines the intention of the member. Let's not try to categorise this site and let us all continue to enjoiy it for what it is/has become. It's a fantastic way of meeting 'bike-minded' people (like that one Sandy ). FlameRed - give us a shout if you want to become an ex-rally virgin and we'll organise something.....just hope we won't lead you too far astray lol .

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 25/02/2008 09:43  

I agree with a lot of different opinions on this thread and disagree with a few....I saw it as a "SOCIAL SITE" because it clearly says so! I joined to get out about and meet people. I currently donot have a bike but it is my top priority this year! I have been a pillion for many years and probably have done more miles in more weather conditions than a lot of the actual riders! I just love bikes and people who own them, ride them or is interested in them. That is what initially attracted me to the site...however, I have met so many lovely people that dont have bikes too...so what a plus! If I am really lucky and find a true lifelong partner, who I can trust implicitly, then that would be the icing on the cake! I am very fortunate to have made so many friends in such a short period of time. So glad I joined! Also, may I point out that I am truly genuinely happy for all those lovely people who have found love and happiness...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 25/02/2008 11:02  

What frustrates me more than that is folk who join and on their profile they put they're 'not looking for anyone', so WHY are THEY here?? Now THAT is confusing.

KWAK EVEN MATT GOT SEEKING NO ONE LOL SO IF THE BOSS CAN PUT IT SO CAN WE LOL

Update Reply
RC @ 25/02/2008 12:07  

wow this is gonna take me ages to reply to lol. Ok firstly, before I continue, I want to say that i don't consider myself to be the law-maker here, even tho it is officially my site. I consider the site to be a club of a kind and that YOU the members make it what it is. That's how it turned from a dating site, into a social site (Then into a 'talk as much **** as you can' site lol). I'll always create a new rule if I consider members' privacy/security etc to be at risk. But to give my thoughts on some issues... The 'looking for' field should be set to 'Either' if you are only interested in friendships. Then you can set the 'Interested in meeting' field to something more accurate. It doesn't mean "Who do you want to date", it's just what kind of people you are here to meet. Do you think it would be better to be set as "Either/Friendships" as one option? Pillion riders are most welcome. For obvious reasons already mentioned, sometimes people can't ride. I know several people who fit this category. Biking isn't really riding - biking is a community. Once you're in it - you're hooked, no matter what your circumstances are. Forum topics should be as diverse as possible. From biking subjects, to the latest news. Topics about what your favourite food is may be considered for deletion, but those about 'What made you happy today' will stay. The difference being that one is useful (getting things off your chest, cheering others up, etc) and one isn't (Just spamming and cluttering the site). Regarding biking being male dominated... this site shows otherwise. It's the impression you get off the site in the big bad biking world, but when it comes to this place women certainly shine through (score 10 browny point for my chosen words there lol). Oh, and there's not 20 pages of topics - there's a total of 47282 posts in 1662 topics over 84 pages Shy tot - everyone is welcome here if they're interested in bikes, no matter what they ride. This isn't the 'visordown' website! :-) Sports bikers (even here) will always make jokes about Harleys being tart's handbags, and Harley riders always make jokes about power-rangers on Ducatis. It's all meant in good faith, and is part of biking. At the end of the day we're all sailing in the same waters, and no biker would ever ride past another who's broken down. Frag - what's this about people wanting you to stop biking? That makes no sense at all. Are these anti-biking nutters or something? You'd be right to ban them and you'd have my support. The site works really well i think you'll all agree. That's because anything goes. Often a little debate such as this topic helps steer the site in the right direction. If a decision needs to be made, I will discuss it with all staff members and announce any new rules in the forums. As always, if anyone has any suggestions or general comments - please feel free to send me a message. PS: I'm still working on the "Lift to an event" section for those who don't ride to get some help in getting to places. Not only will this be a useful tool for pillions, but may be a great way for people to meet the person they've been looking for!

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/02/2008 12:55  

I think everyone that comes on this site, whoever they are, have an interest of all things two wheeled. And enjoy the sort of life style that comes with it.You certainly dont have to go to rallies to be a biker either. not everyone wants to ride up front on a bike. There is a lot of skill and bottle needed to go on the back of a fast rider. I wouldn't do it. We have enough trouble getting people on to bikes as it is without trying to make the site exclusive to people with bikes. My only gripe with the site at the mo is having to read so many threads from someone telling everyone how miserable they are all the time. we all have problems. Get over it! I just have no need to tell the rest of the world just for someone to go "AAAAWWW Hugs hun" everytime someones got a cold!! If ya need help then http://www.samaritans.org

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 25/02/2008 13:47  

here here, no one will ever get me on the back. for me, i enjoy ridding my sports bike, its the only thing i want to do at weekends, or so i thourght. but after meeting up with a lot of you i enjoy the social and the forums. not all, will enjoy all the people on here all of the time, but thats life. respect each other and each other life how ever it pans out. the summer will be here soon and for me can not wait to see more of you all share some rides out, weekends camping, i will take it as it comes. Best wishes Kenn.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 25/02/2008 14:09  

Wish I could get one of those ladfies who want a biker cos there are some real crackers on this site...oh well I'll carry on dreaming or am I already dreaming

Update Reply
Herne @ 25/02/2008 14:10  

herne there all crackers on here.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 25/02/2008 14:12  

bluesbiker - there's a thread or 2 dedicated to it. It's good to talk, and quite often this site is the only place people can turn to their friends for help and support. Some of our members have become very close friends, and although they may live hundreds of miles apart this site provides a medium for support on them rough days. If you don't like that kind of talk, then just avoid specific topics. PS: Group hug! hahahaha

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/02/2008 14:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email