MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The Random Rant thread

The Random Rant thread (100) - Forums [Biker Match] The Random Rant thread (100) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The Random Rant thread

Or the old dear at the Post Office on a busy Saturday morning...

After standing in queue for several minutes, goes to counter -

Rummages in shopping bag for handbag.....rummages in handbag for purse....produces bank card, but transaction fails as pin incorrect...rummages in purse for exact money and slowly counts it out, but 5p short, so pays the £9.95 with a tenner.

All the time trying to engage the cashier in conversation, about the weather and her rheumatism. And why oh why on a Saturday?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2013 12:45  

ahhhhhhhh.... im that person that peeees you lot off at teh checkout then!!! i never get my purse out first... it stays safe till ive put me shopping away... and why shoudl i rush to put my shopping away, it annoys me soooooooo much when they bung it all through and pile it so quick you aint got time to properly pack it .... too much rush rush in this society.. it darn annoys me if you want to get through so quick with no human contact do the self service thing... and that little old lady may never see another person to chat to all week and that visit to the post office and a little chat probably makes her day.... bring back the old ways when people actually stopped and talked to other people, when you could have a conversaiton with the shopkeeper, when human contact mattered..... instead of rushing from one thing to another and not speaking to anyone

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2013 13:13  

Three cash machines in a row in Halifax Buildy in Sutton. I'm at the middle one, old tw*t on the next one looks at me, says I'm too close to him and I'm OLD ENOUGH TO know better. Had there not been a woman and two small children next to me also.............. I would have done a lot more than ignore him. Wot a pillock !!!

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 09/04/2013 01:31  

how many more days of brown-nosing politicos fawning over some corpse on tv,just to win brownie points....IT DOESN'T MATTER,SHE DESPISED YOU ALL...hahahahaha

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/04/2013 10:44  

I bet you'll be in the front row when her handbag goes to auction!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2013 12:32  

hell, I've been trying ALL DAY, and part of the evening, to send an important text message. It would have been quicker to train a pigeon and send him I couldn't even get thro to customer services, via the mobile number, so I went on the internet and 'chatted' to a nice person who soon sorted me out, apparently it was the copper bit on my sim card that needed a polish with a soft cloth FGS! as simple as that

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2013 22:37  

Crikey it's been nearly 6 years since this topic had a post, and it was mine l jinxed it.

My latest rant is about my neighbour, reporting me to the council for spraying air freshener at my door! She failed to mention to them that it was because she was smoking that shite, wacky baccy on her doorstep.

When I open my front door I get a face full of it, I feel physically sick when I smell it (This is the same neighbour who has her music loud, and dog barks a thousand times a day)

Because she has mental health issues, the police ( she called them out to me because I went to her door to ask her to turn the music down) suggested I not speak to her about the dog barking, but to note it down for the environmental health people, she got confused and thought I wasn't supposed to speak to her at all. Yea, right, so she gets to let her dog bark, play her music loud and stink my home out with foul smelling tobacco and I am not supposed to complain!

Sadly she's not mentally equipped to live in society, without it causing her a great deal of anguish. Now I'm also suffering mentally because of it. In the recent past she has threatened to physically harm me, for complaining to her about the dog barking, but it's me that has to keep quiet and suffer in silence.

It's feckin' screwed up! 😠

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/03/2019 01:22  

WHY....do people see fit to throw fast food litter and coffee containers out of their vehicles,wherever they are..?
Even saw a vehicle parked in a disabled bay in Cirencester on friday do this...less than 10 yards from a litter bin...some people have no regard for their own environment,or anybody elses...:(

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/03/2019 10:56  

Here here Jinx, that bugs the chuff out of me too.

Where I live there are a couple of 'Residents Only' parking areas which non residents seem to think is for their use. That is full of litter, pop cans and pizza boxes mainly. It's got worse since the newly built Leisure Centre opened just down the street.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/03/2019 19:11  

Vaping, indoors!

Squires two weeks ago the 'fug' was so bad the fire doors were all opened to endeavour to get rid of it. Unfortunately, the prevailing wind was not playing ball and blew the said 'fug' further in enveloping the entire bar. It was almost impossible to breathe *Yuk!*

Also why do 'vapers' think it's ok to walk into someone's home puffing on the bloody things without asking if it's ok to do so?! 😡😠 On a similar theme, mates being more bothered about internet connection rather than asking/greeting you when they arrive ...Grr! (I use my mobile data if I need to, why can't they?!) . Worse still plugging in every single electronic device they carry around with them, without asking! 😤 Rude and inconsiderate, just plain n simple.

On the plus side at least there is now a ban on Vaping inside Squires! 👍😁 RESULT!

Rant over😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/03/2019 08:14  

Bloody samsung mucking about with an update on my phone and when I tried to get rid of the update I lost all my bookmarks

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 04/04/2019 15:32  

Murphy's law states: 'Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong and at precisely the wrong moment'. Sods law dictates that when I have only one day off, that time will be fore shortened significantly by an act that is totally out of my control.

Update Reply
Double six @ 05/04/2019 22:28  

A nice, bright, sunny day. Windows open throughout the house, door open and laundry on the line, sit down with a cuppa in the sunshine .... AND ... billowing clouds of smoke everywhere. Some bloomin' idiot decided to light a fire to burn his garden rubbish! 😠😡😤

That's ever so thoughtful of you!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/04/2019 13:59  

Must be a relative of the eejits next door to me,guaranteed BBQ or bonfire every hot sunny day last year,they obviously like their clothes smelling of smoke..lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/04/2019 16:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email