MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Distance

Distance - Forums [Biker Match] Distance - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Distance

God! Why are all these sites full of members far away..
Is there any hope of finding a lovely male biker..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2021 10:07  

Try living in Scotland!
Or Cornwall or Northern Ireland etc etc, we all have our challenges.

The good news is, yes, there is hope.
In other news, you need to put a bit of effort in - get messaging, posting of forums and above all out to meets; and if there are none near you then create some. The rest is down to luck and I wish you all the best.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 30/09/2021 14:29  

I moved to Yorkshire, at least I've made a few friends up here that have bikes . Had a few good rides . I had very little response when I was down South . The season is coming to a close . Maybe next year will be better ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2021 14:47  

Try The North West Highlands of Scotland ..... but I wouldn't live anywhere else.... I just live in hope . 711 miles & 12hr 20m from Ramsgate .... put the kettle on, I'm setting off... ;-)

Update Reply
X4 GUS @ 30/09/2021 19:28  

That’s what I like about living in the midlands, nothing is to far away.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2021 20:35  

You shouldnt have any problems finding a decent bloke.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2021 21:47  

Or try living on the Isle of Man its very difficult to find a like minded soul

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2021 22:17  

It's a matter of getting out and meeting folks, which can be easier said than done when you don't know anyone!
It's worked for me in that I've accumulated a good collection of mates, an even bigger group that tolerate me and a chance to ride out and camp a few times a year.
As ever it depends what you are looking for I suppose.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/10/2021 13:58  

Distance doesnt mean much anyone can travel.=) what I'm struggling is finding active women my age lol

Update Reply
Sdphillips757 @ 01/10/2021 14:15  

Yes it does seem a bit thin here in the South East not sure why. Are there better biking roads up north?

Update Reply
GSNige @ 02/10/2021 14:02  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Are there better biking roads up north?...

Och aye, and far less people-y, but don't tell everyone just pop up for a visit.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/10/2021 19:41  

ah yup totally hear you , in Scotland i would say things have always been very inactive with lots of inactive members unfortunately , but having said that during the season there is so much cool stuff always going on down south were almost spoilt for choice for things to do and more importantly people to meet, but yea would be nice if there was a lot more active people in our areas to go have some fun with

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 03/10/2021 21:01  

thats what bike are for england is only a small place in all aspects most places can be reached in a day think of this when writing to others if there worth there wait they will not mind the distance. i have traveled the world and know that distance can be over come america ,australia japan far east are just a short flight away in the span of things, one thing i new is that theres no place like home and was greatfull to have met my late wife here and not over seas . we had no issues even when i was in Japan the phone calls was lovely and we could chat as if next door. so moral is distance is not an obstical that cant be over come. james (tommy) have a good life.

Update Reply
jimtom31 @ 07/10/2021 18:11  

The North certainly seems to be where it’s happening!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2021 11:03  

Well here is an Idea why not head off to this years Hallowistmus Party, You will find plenty of like minded bm members to poke fun at and maybe make some plans for next season to join us at other events. So have a look at the Hallowistmus party thread or go to the events page nov 20th and just add yourself to the party its free in for all members local hotel is under £30.00 I think or if your very brave or stupid you could camp sleep in the car or if your posh caravan or camper. Hope to see you all there

Update Reply
JP @ 11/10/2021 18:26  

‘Love conquers all’ as the saying goes 😁

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/10/2021 12:32  

Hi. Sorry I'm miles away from Ramsgate as well. Hope you find someone closer . Any biker ladies North Notts way.😁

Update Reply
Bikerdude2009 @ 20/10/2021 07:41  

Ha, riding is good anywhere out of London :) I did some from / to / between Lands End, York, Tunbridge Wells; a bit in Wales and every where there are nice roads with very little or no traffic at all. Just get out of town and there you are - space for enjoyment :) Still so many places and roads to go!
Oh, right distance is just a measure :) Hope is good to have and you never know unless planned and expected :) Nice people are like roads, you will find them everywhere :)

Update Reply
Igytom @ 28/10/2021 19:14  

Hey Bikesforlife, there's plenty of "lovely male bikers" on the site... you need to start chatting. I've made some really good friends both male and female. I will admit they are some distance away but a whatsApp message here and there and a phone-call from time to time, makes for great friendships and I did go to Leeds in the summer to stay with a friend I met at one of the events. There's a couple of bikers who are a bit more local, who I pilly with now and again... don't give up and as JP says, go to some events, it does help... Good luck in your search :)

Update Reply
Rebel Belle @ 29/10/2021 00:04  

Well I live in West Wales. Nobody lives here so I spend a lot of time on the road if I want any excitement. ( Well, let's just say a change of scenery, lol)

Update Reply
Fink @ 09/11/2021 19:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email