MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July

Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July

I'm glad you enjoyed Saturday's ride, I know I did. Well until the Wine Gnome did his Flying Fuckwit routine.
You'll all be pleased to hear that the Gnome is still in hospital with collection of cracked ribs but is otherwise OK - so if you see him try and make him laugh, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
Well done Izzy and Danny been first on scene and the two local bikers that stopped and sorted ambulance, recovery etc.
Although the suggestion we cover him in shrubbery, roll his bike into the woods and bugger off wasn't without merit 😂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/07/2021 20:53  

Hopefully the wine gnome will live to tell the tale of his battle scars, seriously wish him a speedy recovery

Update Reply
GoldenGirl @ 11/07/2021 22:52  

An excellent weekend. Thank you everyone for being so kind and welcoming. The site is an gem of a find, nicely quirky with bike friendly owners. The night sky is fantastic in Galloway with negligible light pollution, unfortunately there were clouds so, next time Izzy please look in to ordering clear skies.
I think bike meetups are great because they are so inclusive, they represent people from all walks of life who treat each other equally and with respect, giving support to each other when in need. The support showed to drunken gnomes by you folks is a credit to you as a group. He is challenging but he is like many of us a broken rider living with the consequences of that time when things went wrong big style. I wish him a speedy recovery from his current injuries

Update Reply
Ducatistauk @ 12/07/2021 01:46  

Seriously, and the obligatory piss taking aside, I'm glad he's OK. That crash could have been a so much worse
I've spoken to XK's wife and will post updates on here as appropriate.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/07/2021 08:37  

Thanks Steve, yes I’d appreciate knowing how he’s doing.

Update Reply
GoldenGirl @ 12/07/2021 13:13  

Likewise Steve. Any updates will be gratefully received.

Update Reply
Winchester @ 12/07/2021 14:10  

Latest update is that XK is still in hospital, fractured ribs, a vertebrae and awaiting the results of other scans. The hospital staff on the other hand are having to put up with his sense of humour... poor buggers.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/07/2021 17:53  

Thanks for the update Steve. If you are in contact with XK please wish him all the best from me.

Update Reply
Winchester @ 13/07/2021 18:32  

Cheers Steve for update. Wish em aw the best fae izzy an me. He's a gid lad

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2021 19:51  

Jeezus, where is Google translate when I need it 😆

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/07/2021 05:58  

😄😁😄😁
I spoke to him this afternoon, he seems to be in good form and enjoying all that the NHS can do for him.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 14/07/2021 17:35  

My thanks to you all. I've been let out of hospital (well, they more or less insisted...), and have been left to the tender mercies of Mrs (you silly sod!)XK. I can but look forward to several weeks of tlc eg "eat your chicken soup, stupid".
So many drugs, so little wine...ie naff all! Special thanks to the lady ambulance driver; I believe her name is NiNa.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2021 11:11  

Never mind the ambulance driver, you should have seen the recovery truck girl!!!
So... have you been barred from a hospital as well?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/07/2021 13:09  

Word has got out...there's not a hospital in the country that will endure me!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2021 12:05  

So we've got to take you to a vet next time 😆

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/07/2021 08:45  

Actually, and this is true, they gave me a painkiller so strong that it is usually reserved for horses!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2021 12:27  

I've finally got round to uploading some photos from this particular party.
Plot spoiler - there are no pictures of XK lying in a pile of shrubbery.

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6496

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/07/2021 16:50  

Your second photo Steve, looks like XKs planning his off road excursion.

Update Reply
Winchester @ 27/07/2021 23:32  

That was just securing his luggage after some enthusiastic riding 🤣
He has a previous record of turning up with something missing...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 28/07/2021 07:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email