MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July

Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July - Forums [Biker Match] Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July

The deed is done and the event is up in the calendar. https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6496

The campsite has limited availability so if you want to come, email and book.
I've had it offered: "If they are single person tents and motor bikes then I will charge £15 per night." so that's helps a little. Don't leave it too late, camping has suddenly become very popular; I wonder why.

Postcode is actually DG8 0ET, but putting that in your satnav could take you anywhere. Find them on Google maps or use the what3words address instead.
The nearest fuel with decent opening hours that I can see is the BP at Newton Stewart, DG8 6JZ, (9 miles away) so fill up on the way past to be ready for a ride the next day.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 24/05/2021 18:34  

Looking forward to this one 👍🏻😁

Booked and Giddy already 😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/05/2021 20:06  

I've already done the google thing Izzy.
Google thinks its about 3 hours and 149 miles for me, I'm sure I can manage more than that 😁

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/05/2021 21:04  

Nice one! Not far from me, I'll keep an eye on what you have planned for the weekend and join you for a ride out or lunch or whatever! If there's still some availability nearer the time I'll maybe grab a pitch for the Saturday night, but equally, don't wanna take away from others who don't live so close, and don't wanna book anything too soon and end up being called to work!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2021 00:19  

Quote:
The nearest fuel with decent opening hours that I can see is the BP at Newton Stewart, DG8 6JZ, (9 miles away) so fill up on the way past to be ready for a ride the next day.

FYI on services available locally. You're 100% right on BP being the usual go-to for fuel. It's usually cheapest, has reasonable opening, easy forecourt to get in and out, and has a wee convenience store that's not too badly stocked. That said - for anyone on a longer travel that might be outwith those times, the Gulf garage slightly further into Newton Stewart has 24h fuel with a terminal at the pumps to pay by card. So you'll certainly not be stuck for fuel, it's not quite like some of the villages in the highlands where you have to knock on someone's front door to get the key to the pumps :D .

There's 2 supermarkets in Newton - an Aldi and a Sainsbury, both pretty much next to each other by the Riverside. There's also some really nice cafe's, restaurants and take aways if anyone wants any recommendations of that variety (there's a particularly nice Chinese place).

There's also a hospital just outside Newton with 24hr minor injury unit in the unlikely event that anyone does anything silly. Just putting that out there!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2021 00:43  

Thanks GS, fabby local insight to have, will tap in to that as we plan rides and stops xx

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 25/05/2021 07:29  

Quote:
Thanks GS, fabby local insight to have, will tap in to that as we plan rides and stops xx...

You know where I am :) x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2021 18:39  

I am keeping my eye on this one might be free myself 👍

Update Reply
GS George @ 26/05/2021 19:49  

Hope you can make it GSG, it seems ages since our cuppa in Squires 🙄

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/05/2021 22:23  

It was Lindsay I have had two bikes since then 🤪

Update Reply
GS George @ 27/05/2021 21:42  

😂🤣 why am I not surprised? 🤣😂

Hopefully see you at this one 🤞🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/05/2021 08:26  

I am trying lindz

Update Reply
GS George @ 28/05/2021 19:21  

I know, 🙄 you are VERY trying 😂🤣

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/05/2021 21:02  

That’s one of my better traits
😎
Or so I am told

Update Reply
GS George @ 28/05/2021 21:07  

😂🤣😂🤣😂 yeah, ok!

Looking forward to this weekend. Will be great to spend time with friends I've not seen in a very long time. 😊

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/05/2021 21:32  

Will have a look at the site tomorrow when i go past might put my name on a corner spot

Update Reply
GS George @ 29/05/2021 20:30  

Have a good ride up GSG. 😊👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 29/05/2021 21:19  

and so the countdown begins...

4 weeks today on my way oop to Scotland. YAY! 👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/06/2021 13:43  

Still looking good for me as well 👍

Update Reply
GS George @ 12/06/2021 23:38  

Sounds like my kind of thing. Will try and get the time off if you'll have me along :)

Update Reply
Ducatistauk @ 13/06/2021 01:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email