MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

browser updates

browser updates - Forums [Biker Match] browser updates - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

browser updates

Is anyone else getting a banner across the top of the site header asking you to install an update for chrome? I know enough about computers to be very wary of anything that pops up and I am a bit suspiscious of this one in particular.

Update Reply
Double six @ 27/04/2021 23:14  

Not on mine....

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 28/04/2021 06:42  

Nope but then again I've already got Chrome on my phone 🤔

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/04/2021 06:56  

No sign on my pooter or phone...🤔

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/04/2021 09:30  

t'iz a strange phenomena, it doesn't appear on the laptop or the desktop I have used for a few years, and yet another desktop that I built at the same time as the other one got this banner across the top of the BM page. I suspected it was a scam as it appeared as a banner not a pop up you normally get from MS. So peeps, if you get a yellow banner across the top of any web page that informs you of a 'critical update for chrome 90', don't install it as I couldn't find any reference to it on windows or microsoft update centres, it is probably malware of some sort.

Update Reply
Double six @ 28/04/2021 09:40  

install something like malware bytes to clear it out, also install file assassin to remove any files that wont be deleted, personally i dont have this problem as i run Linux not the windows rubbish

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 28/04/2021 11:16  

Those two apps rocker, do you just search for them as you have typed them? I don't use a computer professionally so anything more sophisticated is redundant and quite possibly beyond my technical skill level.

Update Reply
Double six @ 28/04/2021 12:15  

yes you can google them, another one that useful is c cleaner (used to be called crap cleaner)

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 28/04/2021 16:24  

Thanks rocker, I'll look into that.

Update Reply
Double six @ 28/04/2021 17:46  

As rocker says Malware bytes and C Cleaner.
Also avast browser cleaner.
https://www.avast.com/c-browser-cleaner-tool

Things I do is run my antivirus and Malware bytes periodically to clean out my pc. It's amazing how hidden threats get in and this is one of the causes of a slow unresponsive machine.

Also make sure you are up to date with Windows updates.
Things like Defragging and disc clean up can help, but usual C Cleaner helps a little with that.
Important though Defragging is not required with an SSD hard drive but more beneficial with an old Sata drive.

Don't forget that Windows are advising everybody to be on more up to date OS such as Windows 10 now. As Windows 7 & older (Vista, XP) are all open to security threats now like an open window as Microsoft have stopped updating those OS.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 28/04/2021 19:49  

Hi guys,

Another to look out for is a text message advising that Google need to configure the phone , a very obvious scam along with all the texts from banks asking for verification of a new payee .... yeah .... right ....

I also had a notification saying that the BM app wasn't recognised and to click a link to verify ..... I've used the app for over two years ????

I'm an absolute technophobe . Could anyone suggest extra security for Samsung android ? The phone has standard built in , but I'm getting concerned now !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2021 08:34  

I use free AVG for Android. You can pay for extras with any antivirus but personally free should be good. It's up to you if you want a little more protection.

Here's reviews on different Android antivirus. Take your choice. I wouldn't download from this link just go to your play store type in the name & find. Plus you can then see other recommended antivirus while searching.
Download app to your phone and keep it running in the back ground. While running it should be very low consumption regarding battery time.

https://www.trustedantiviruscompare.com/best-free-antivirus-for-android?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsqmEBhDiARIsANV8H3atar23Kc7hX3bEi4Oi0f1VxZuXRHsvS12t6bkCS4RImtvTGjye80MaAjyqEALw_wcB

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 29/04/2021 09:25  

Many thanks YM 😊, I shall have a look.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/04/2021 08:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email