MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

FAKE and Pointless profiles

FAKE and Pointless profiles - Forums [Biker Match] FAKE and Pointless profiles - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

FAKE and Pointless profiles

Had my 2nd fake ‘UK female’ send me message yesterday full of African speech patterns and the usual reply via email.

Happily the profile is deleted so watch out for the next Regina Crawford profile with the hook of cute young female and the hook of “Oh Woe, I am stuck in Nigeria send me money”.

Along with this is the growing amount of pointless female (maybe male) profiles who do not even open / look at a message sent to them.

I do not send messages to those unlikely to be interested so there is no ‘real’ reason for about 12 of my 20 sent messages not to be looked at for weeks and months, when those profiles are shown as active daily or at least weekly.

SO, are these robot profiles to keep males hopeful, males pretending to be females desperate for any communication or just female profiles not looking at all and probably too scared to chat on their personal email to a select couple of other members they chat to here.

Maybe more checking, by admin, to make sure profiles are active and honest would help

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2021 12:20  

I didn't think anyone even took any notice of them, I'm always getting them in my 'junk mail', I just delete the lot

Update Reply
Fink @ 09/04/2021 18:54  

If I notice a profile which looks 'dodgy' I send a message to Mods (usually Ragnar) et voilà it disappears very quickly. I cannot praise the Mods enough.

If you've notified them, then action will be taken. If you haven't, make sure you do. Afterall you will be helping others not just yourself.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/04/2021 19:48  

fink: message was here so no junk folder

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2021 20:52  

Lindsay: profile was gone next day, either deleted or booted

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2021 20:54  

You do get notifications in your email account, sometimes if you haven't varified it they appear in your junk mail, I think thats what Fink was refering to
As Lindsay said, the mods had deleted the account either as a result of the profile being reported by other members or the mods, (usually Ragnar), spotting them when they vet them.
You aren't unique in receiving such mail, most people ignore them or report them, simples.
As for not getting replies to messages you have sent, well congratulations you've joined a not so salubrious club. You, like many of us on here, were probably not the catch those females were hoping for, don't feel too bad about it.

Update Reply
Double six @ 09/04/2021 22:22  

Double Six, I dont care and have NO problem with not getting a reply to a message I send. I commented on those that dont read / open messages so the cute little x become a tick in the mail box.
Again, I dont send to those asking for things I dont say I do in my profile.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2021 09:22  

That was just my point. First impressions are last with some people, if someone you have messaged doesn't like the look of you from your profile pic they won't bother even opening any correspondence, people (women) are fickle like that. I've been a member here for 10 years, give or take, and if I had a pound for every message I have sent that wasn't opened, I'd be able to buy correspondant and have change left over. Plus, and I haven't read your profile, if they have looked at your profile and don't like what they read they will ignore any messages you send. Just saying.

Update Reply
Double six @ 10/04/2021 09:40  

D6, I think your point;
"people (women) are fickle like that" is a little one-sided. Perhaps you should have left it at 'people'.🤔

I know female members who have, at times, also had the same experiences from the male of the species.

As we know some members open an account, then get cold feet and rather than delete their profile, they just abandon ship and don't use it.

Other people have very busy lives and don't go on their accounts for weeks/months.

I personally have contact with someone on here, who rarely picks up msgs, usually it's a couple of months before I get a reply, that's how it has always been.

Swings and roundabouts, no point in dwelling on things. Better to go with the flow and what will be, will be.

Just saying.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/04/2021 11:34  

You know me Linz, my comment about people (women) was tongue in cheek, of course it goes both ways and some guys are just as guilty as the laydeez. I did anticipate that that particular comment would attract attention, that's why I decided to leave it in.

Update Reply
Double six @ 10/04/2021 12:15  

Oh , sorry I didn't realise that they were on here too !! I am surprised by that .😳

Update Reply
Fink @ 10/04/2021 14:11  

Just wondering do people look at previously forum topics befor posting a new one on the same subject

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/04/2021 16:30  

fake profile is back
Hi, I'm interested in your profile. Lets get to know more about each other
and see where it leads and i hope it works out the way we want.
i will also be polite to share more of my pictures with you from there.
---------------------------------------
Read: Message sent on 11 April 2021 at 18:19:30. Message ID: 6793572

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2021 18:26  

I've just had to edit the last post.

I just saw that spammer and that it had been reported and now disabled it and then read this post.

But please don't go playing their game and put a copy of their PM in the forum including their email address

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 11/04/2021 18:44  

ragnar:
you seriously think this is a sad real female? please smell the coffee, I have seen these messages in dozens of groups and normal emails - this is BIG BUSINESS based in an african country
it is a conman, company, email address, regina crawford or variations of such,, not a female, not even a person, a crime ring in all but name

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2021 20:50  

What part of my post wasn't in English and made you think that I believed profile was real?

Yes this was clearly a spammer. I'm saying don't put their email address on a post because all you are doing is given them more air time.

I don't understand why you felt the need to put their PM on the post with their email (the bit that I removed). We know they get on and if members report them asap we can remove them quickly.

Someone can make a profile and post a message before we know they are on the site. Most are removed within 6 hours of being set up, One I did catch when they was setting it up and was deleted within 30 seconds. However we don't work out of a office working 24 hours a day, There are four volunteer mods on the site giving time when we can, that is why we ask member to report dodgy profiles.

We all know that spammers get on the site and that's why two posts on this thread have said to you just to report them and they get removed, The one from Lindsay and the one from from D6, but for some reason you want to make a song and dance of it.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 11/04/2021 21:50  

Thanks for your speedy actions Rags 👍🏻

In the words of Aerosmith;
It's the same old story,
Same old song and dance, my friend🎵🎶💃🕺

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/04/2021 22:58  

well giving address might save some other member from wasting his energies if a profile is set up 'better' and the email is passed over in a more 'believable' way

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2021 16:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email