MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Indicator warning lights

Indicator warning lights - Forums [Biker Match] Indicator warning lights - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Indicator warning lights

Hello, I am new to the site. I enjoy working on by bikes as well as riding but can anyone suggest a fix for this issue.
I have rebuilt my old BSA A10, rewired, designing the loom and added LED Indicators and hazzard warning lights on a new circuit. I can tend to leave indicators on when riding and often don't hear the buzzer. Most indicator warning lights come off the third connector of the relay but I want left and right separate warning lights. I have tried to take them off of the left and right front indicator feed wires but although the led warning light works, it will not light when power is supplied to the indicators. I am simply attaching the live to the power supply and earthing the earth but have also tried piggybacking both wires from the live (as the LED is a diode0 but neither work.
Classical

Update Reply
Classical @ 18/03/2021 14:38  

Parallel wiring LEDs can be tricky, any mismatch in value on one side can cause all current to flow through one bulb only...... sound familiar?
Series wiring is much more reliable

What happens if you test them in parallel on the bench?

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 18/03/2021 15:15  

Thanks Nick
I trawled the Web and think I've got it. I've got both Hazard warning and Indicators on the same circuit. I wanted two separate idiot lights on the dash, but I've settled for 1 indicator light each side for the indicators and both for the Hazards. I've got loads of fuses if I get it wrong!
Thanks for your help.
Lionel
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Parallel wiring LEDs can be tricky, any mismatch in value on one side can cause all current to flow through one bulb only...... sound familiar?
Series wiring is much more reliable

What happens if yo...

Update Reply
Classical @ 22/03/2021 14:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email