MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride In at GCR Rothley Station; 25th April

Ride In at GCR Rothley Station; 25th April (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride In at GCR Rothley Station; 25th April (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride In at GCR Rothley Station; 25th April

Sorry, gonna be a party pooper but I have to say, surely it would be better to purchase cakes/drinks etc from the café, as they have been closed through lockdown and clearly would have not had any income at all throughout that period?

I also feel it's only polite NOT to take food onto a business premise where food is prepared and sold. Whatever happened to manners... When we've had birthday celebrations etc in Matlock and at Squires, I have always checked beforehand with the business owners/managers that it was ok to have a birthday cake or two outside. They have always appreciated the fact I've asked and I was given paper plates n paper napkins by the guys in Matlock!

🤔I must be getting old, being thoughtful doesn't seem to be at the top of folks list at the moment. #just sayin'

Enough from this old lady. Enjoy your day tomorrow guys 👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/04/2021 11:03  

Awww Lindsay sorry you feel that way. In no way was I being rude because im so skinny I need to gain weight so I eat loads. So will order food and drinks from the cafe also but was just bringing a few home made welsh cakes that I know people wanted to try. I dont see an issue with that. I have always done it and always asked when I'm there to which they reply thats fine because you're purchasing drinks and food. Its not like I'm going with a packed lunch. Box of cakes. Flask of tea. Ect... so I dont have to spend money.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Have a wonderful day in this weather 😍

Update Reply
BikerNess69 @ 24/04/2021 11:22  

For the Southern and Eastern contingent 1 HR 15 mins from Brampton Hut is at the legal limit all the way.. Trains just before 12 and just before 2 so it's up to you what time we leave Brampton Hut but catching up time on route might not be a good plan.. See you in the morning.

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/04/2021 16:37  

Jessica, as long as we are subtle there shouldn't be a problem.. I understand Lindsay's point and agree with the principle.. However, they are nice people and the chef is a bit nervous at catering for us all quickly enough anyway.. I thought the cakes were for my birthday anyway, were only 5 days late 😉

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/04/2021 16:41  

Just voicing my own thoughts VS. I never considered the owners/staff to be anything but 'nice'. Merely pointing out that purchasing food (including cakes!) and drinks directly from them would be greatly appreciated. Rather than BYO, especially without checking with them that it's ok to do so, beforehand.

Guess it's different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

Hope the weather is as good as today and everyone gets there n back safely. 👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/04/2021 17:23  

Without labouring the point Lindsay, everything you previously said I agree with.. We will all partake of their goods only at the cafe but when we head back to the car park area, a bit of fun between a few of us beside our bikes shouldn't offend anyone😉 Nuff said 😁

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/04/2021 18:12  

Sorry can't make it hope you all have a great day

Update Reply
JP @ 24/04/2021 18:50  

Another time JP

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 24/04/2021 20:29  

My prescence will be compensation enough...🏍😆👍🌞

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 24/04/2021 22:58  

Norm's missed his ferry and is stuck on an island...... ironic when he's on a sailing boat........ so you're making up for 2! 😆

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 24/04/2021 23:11  

Who gets to eat the extra bacon roll?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 25/04/2021 06:33  

Most definitely

Update Reply
JP @ 25/04/2021 06:59  

Vstrom you are looking at it from the wrong perspective, what you should be thinking is that there will now be enough bacon rolls for everyone who turns up now JP isn't attending. Be on your highest alert though if BJ arrives. My advice would be to put an armed guard around any and all ice cream vendors in order to safeguard supplies.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/04/2021 08:25  

Noted D6... Will be on my guard 👍

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 25/04/2021 08:35  

I can read you know.
Just lol

Update Reply
JP @ 25/04/2021 09:03  

Fantastic day today, location was superb, nice to see so many friendly faces. Lovely day, thanks to Nick for organising this

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 25/04/2021 19:23  

No issues with lack of food or drink, even if cake portions weren't that great... 😂 😂 8

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 25/04/2021 19:24  

Good Day, nice to see folks, might be worth another trip when it's all open

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 25/04/2021 19:59  

Evenin' you lot.

Great day out - steam trains - coffee and cake - good weather and good company.

And it looked like this :----->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izv46c1OMsQ

Update Reply
GHW @ 25/04/2021 22:23  

Looks like you all had a fab day and the steam trains are lurverly. Sorry I missed you all but will get to one of the meets before Christmas 😂! ✨

Cool pics and great vid GHW

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2021 23:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email