MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Butts Quarry Petition - please support

Butts Quarry Petition - please support - Forums [Biker Match] Butts Quarry Petition - please support - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Butts Quarry Petition - please support

This came up on my radar
Please have a read and sign if you feel you can.
Thanks

We own a family run off road bike track just outside Matlock Derbyshire called Butts Quarry. This is often visited by road bikers to watch the off road events and enjoy the atmosphere. Currently we are under threat of closure due to a noise abatement notice that we received from the council 2 days before Christmas. Our track is over 50 years old and we are desperate for all the biking community to help our petition. Here is the story covered by TMX and the petition page.

https://www.tmxnews.co.uk/news/motocross/butts-quarry-help-save-one-of-the-oldest-tracks-in-england-from-closure/

https://www.change.org/savebuttsquarry

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 18/02/2021 12:12  

Looks like it nearly there

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 18/02/2021 13:01  

Signed and donated yesterday 👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/02/2021 18:56  

Signed, far too many tracks /circuits being closed.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2021 00:17  

Signed, it is tragic what happens and we need to focus on what we want. I'm new to biking and earlier I did not know how much more freedom it gives. I love adventure and off road riding and I plan to make such facilities. Well, we can possibly do the off road riding on the electric bikes.
Otherwise we can wake up in country were the only legal activity is staying at home watching brain retarding TV.

Update Reply
Igytom @ 03/03/2021 16:35  

Signed.....

What a load of bollox some people are!

Maybe they ought to invite all the locals to an event......there us a new fab off road track right next to the canal in s place called Weedon and I was cruising past one Sunday.....a couple walking there dog on the towpath looked at me and said something about the noise.....I said,vwith a big grin, I absolutely love watching and just see the bikes up in the air......with that the geezer peared through the hedge and said Ohhhhh....and continued to watch.....

I hope Butts Quarry stays open....I bet some arse wants to build the houses on it ........😠😠😠

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2021 21:11  

signed

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 04/03/2021 12:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email