MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

London ULEZ zone extension October 2021

London ULEZ zone extension October 2021 - Forums [Biker Match] London ULEZ zone extension October 2021 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

London ULEZ zone extension October 2021

Im' sure everyone is aware of TFL's plan to extend the ULEZ zone out to the North Circular Road (A406) and South Circular Road (A205) on 25th October 2021. At present motorcycles meeting euro3 emissions and later-basically 2007 onwards - bikes meet the requirements. Howevet it's not been made known that many earlier bikes can be made compliant! Only NOx is tested and many bikes can comfortably meet the emissions levels, carbed or injected. Riverbank Motorcycles at Riverbank Business Park, 3 Dye House Ln, Bow, London E3 2TB 020 8983 4896 are authorised by TFL to carry out ULEZ compliancy testing on bikes. I spoke to John who said that many models can meet the specifications. Rather than replace my older CG and SR125 school bikes and my GS500 instructor bikes I'm taking them for testing. At £179 per bike its better than shelving out on new kit when its all perfectly good. Worth considering before you think about changing your bike if you live or commute to town. They even do all the paperwork for the DVLA and TFL!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2021 11:05  

I was told by my local bike shop to take my older Tiger there but was warned not to let then put a unnecessary and expensive catalytic converter on her.
Still not sure what I'm going to do because the bike is nineteen years old and over 80k on the clock.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 18/02/2021 14:56  

I'm the same. I have a 20 year old CB500S that i love and i want to see if that can be tuned to meet the emissions requirements. Fromwhat i've been told only fine tuning is required and is included in the fee.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2021 20:08  

do these rules still apply to historic vehicles ?

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 01/03/2021 13:54  

I don't think they do, best check on TfL website

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/03/2021 17:56  

seems historic bikes are ok and anything after euro 3 spec engines are also ok, got to wait 1 more year for my V50 to become historic then all my bikes will be ok.

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 04/03/2021 12:50  

Makes me glad i live where i do ,us yokels don't be holding with all that crap ,thank goodness..:/

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/03/2021 21:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email