MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How will shows and rallies happen this year?

How will shows and rallies happen this year? - Forums [Biker Match] How will shows and rallies happen this year? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How will shows and rallies happen this year?

With Glastonbury being cancelled already, plus a number of other large events.
How will rally and event organiser be able to put on viable events?
If you cut the numbers you still need the same space which means it could cost the organisers.
Or will be the60 plus brigade (like me) that can attend in the summer because we will ha what our jabs?
The lack of early action and I’ll thought out draconian measures to try and control a lack of action by the authorities is mind blowing.
Perhaps we will have to have virtual rallies and events with tents in our back garden!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2021 11:52  

To be honest Simon, although I really would like to get out n about to catch up with folk I only see at such events. There seems little or no point in even really planning much atm as the disappointment experienced last year was awful.😢

I don't hold out much hope for festivals or large rallies in 2021. If they happen then it will be a bonus, if they don't well there's always another time. 👍🏻

It would be fab just to be able to have a small get together for an afternoon of fun and laughter. 🤞🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/01/2021 12:46  

Even with the current rapid vaccination programme there will be a sufficient time lag until even some restrictions are lifted. Large events have to plan from much further out hence the likes of Glastonbury have gone already.
If we are lucky we may be looking at some small scale camps, such as those arranged by BM, but I personally will be happy for some Sunday rides and socially distanced meets when it is both permitted and hopefully much safer.

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/01/2021 12:53  

I don't think there will be any big rallys this year, as V said look out for camping events like our Barmouth one, see the events page

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/01/2021 03:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email