MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

South Wales Camp 4th - 6th June

South Wales Camp 4th - 6th June (4) - Forums [Biker Match] South Wales Camp 4th - 6th June (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

South Wales Camp 4th - 6th June

I made the mistake of drinking warm cider at the monsters of rock in the 80's, The guy standing behind me when it reappeared wasn't to pleased to see it deposited on his new looking red sneakers.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/03/2021 20:08  

Warm,tepid,icy....as long as it tastes of apples....:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/03/2021 08:51  

Still keeping our fingers crossed for this. I will be calling in to the site in the next few weeks to see if there are any updates 🙂

Update Reply
Fink @ 30/03/2021 07:17  

Me n him will be there although not on bikes as its my week off work n had already planned to go away in our campervan, just changed the destination lol. n going for a few extra nights b4 the wkend. look forward to meeting up with those we know and meeting new people

Update Reply
drobess @ 18/04/2021 20:46  

Hello... would love to attend this but has anyone been before and knows if there are any trees? As I only have a tree tent. Which I know you can peg to the floor but I like it in the trees 😅🤣

If anyone knows that would be great thanks

Update Reply
BikerNess69 @ 20/04/2021 21:24  

Never mind. I have checked. No trees unfortunately but I hope you all have a wonderful time 😁😁

Update Reply
BikerNess69 @ 21/04/2021 00:34  

As long as it isn’t pissing down. I’ll be there

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2021 22:27  

What are the Welsh covid restrictions? I'd hate to see the organisers getting stung with a £10K fine.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/04/2021 07:59  

Fink is calling into the site over the next couple of days to get the info direct but I think we will all need to book in on arrival that way it is no longer in the 30 max category.

Update Reply
JP @ 27/04/2021 10:07  

As JP says, I have called into the site. Everything is looking very promising so far and I'm getting quite excited. Lots of new developments and additions since I last visited. A few pointers for you.

There will be facilities for ice packs, or, if you bring your own, they are able to freeze them up.for you, so anyone who brings a cold box etc. (There will be a gratuity box here for donations, not compulsory, but nice if you can)
Outside washing up, facilities

On arrival, all must book in with the Track and trace system, sorry but this is a must for us to have the camp.

They have a small shop with supplies, not sure what is in there as I didn't go in, but they asked me if we needed anything for the weekend , they would get it for us, so if anyone can think of anything, let me know.

There is a barbecue we can hire from them, not sure how big this is, but it sounded very promising.

Next door, in the rugby club, they are doing takeaways, the menu looks really good, not cheap but the burgers are rather special looking at around £6-9 a go

The shower block gets deep cleaned three times a day (there are two of them)

The site is extremely tidy I really am impressed with how hard they have worked to get it looking so good.

I will shut up now before you all start dropping off to sleep, but please feel free to drop me a message if you need to know more, I only live down the road and it's on my way home from work, so I can pop in anytime.

Oh, and The Owls nest is next door, they also have a good selection of meals, breakfast etc

Looking forward to seeing you all
Fink x

Update Reply
Fink @ 27/04/2021 20:03  

There's always cake at the owls nest 😂
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Will there be cake ?...

Update Reply
Philswanz @ 27/04/2021 20:13  

How do you book a pitch do you have a contact number ?
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Camping weekend in Llandovery 4th - 6th June close to The Black Mountain in the Towy valley. This is on a really good family run site with very good amenities, (shower block etc )
Next door to the cam...

Update Reply
Philswanz @ 27/04/2021 20:18  

Sounds good Fink.
But they do sounds a little like a barbers shop with "anything (something) for the weekend" (Sir) 😂

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 27/04/2021 20:29  

God, it just tumbles out doesn't it. I do read through the stuff I write, but my excuse is that I've just come back from a hard day in work.
Philswanz, I think there's going to be cake, well I know that there will be, I may have to hide it though, ? Or bake several batches, I may even make cake there , now that will be something. 🍰

Update Reply
Fink @ 27/04/2021 21:05  

Just a few weeks to go before the 1st camp of the year lots of interest so get your names down for a great catch up with friends both old and new. Please remember it's all still early days with the reopening of sites and shops keep your sensible heads on and don't pitch on top of each other.

Update Reply
JP @ 05/05/2021 05:13  

Got the Friday and Monday booked off,so probably show Friday afternoon ..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/05/2021 07:41  

Is anyone else intending to stay on this site Sunday night?

Update Reply
Winchester @ 07/05/2021 12:48  

I think there are a couple staying over till monday.
See you Friday afternoon jinks

Update Reply
JP @ 07/05/2021 17:55  

Looking forward to it already JP..👍👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/05/2021 19:19  

I think there are a lot of folk looking forward to a weekend away.

Update Reply
JP @ 11/05/2021 16:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email