MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Stop the roll out of hardly used cycle lanes.

Stop the roll out of hardly used cycle lanes. - Forums [Biker Match] Stop the roll out of hardly used cycle lanes. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Stop the roll out of hardly used cycle lanes.

Please Help: Here is your chance to tell the Minister of Transport, Grant Shapps to see sense and stop the roll out of hardly used cycle lanes. Please send the model email message we have put together to the Department of Transport Ministers, to convince them that these road narrowings and blockades were not voted for.

https://fairfueluk.eaction.org.uk/Shapps

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 22/11/2020 11:20  

Done

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/11/2020 13:25  

And me

Update Reply
JP @ 27/11/2020 05:34  

Done 👌🏼 Cyclists don’t use the bloody things in Oxford anyway 🙄

Update Reply
Tr4cey @ 27/11/2020 22:39  

Done. Cyclists should be fined for not using cycle paths and blocking roads that they pay no tax or insurance to use!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 27/11/2020 22:54  

VStrom67 - I can't agree more, it is true nightmare at times. In other countries every cyclist must have a licence to use public road, so to prove at least some understanding of the Highway Code.

However we need to focus on having wide and open roads rather then perpetuating what came to our view and creating more of the same.

Update Reply
Igytom @ 03/03/2021 17:14  

You arrogant, ignorant twits - in the UK pedestrians, horseriders and cyclists have the RIGHT to use the road (except m/ways). It's the LAW. It cannot be taken away. Drivers and motorcyclists must acquire a LICENCE, which can be revoked at any time. Cyclists haven't usually asked for these lanes either, so don't blame them for not using them. Councils often use them to slow down speeders. Buy a copy of the Highway Code and then stick to what you know about instead of making unsupported rants about fellow two-wheel users.
Retiarius 9/7/22

Update Reply
Retiarius @ 09/07/2022 19:10  

Whoa! Steady on Retiarius don't burst a blood vessel or six!

The members you refer to as "arrogant, ignorant twits" most certainly are not! They are intelligent, hardworking, and friendly folk, some of whom are also moderators of this site.

As for the Highway Code I am 100% certain that they know the ins and outs of it, given they have been riding for many years, and one in particular is a Motorcycle Instructor!

May your blood pressure and your ranting decrease. 🤞🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/07/2022 20:10  

Wow.... Funking hell.... Language Mister.... I thought we lived in a country of free speech and opinion... Maybe someone needs a chill pill. I would think it would make sense to use cycle lanes as it must be damn side safer. Just explain to a dizzy blonde how cycle lanes slow down speeders?? And nobody asked for cycle lanes...?? Well, I must disagree there.....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 09/07/2022 20:27  

Well that was a swift response... It only took 4 months from the last post... I take it that Retiarius won't be signing the petition 🤣🤣🤣 BTW responsible horse riders do have insurance at least...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 09/07/2022 22:52  

Considering the original post was made on 22/11/20, raking over old ground must be great fun. Presumably the decision was made and everything done and dusted during the intervening months. Unless the usual speed and alacrity of 'the powers that be' ground to a halt...

TBH, I neither know nor care. What I do object to is the tone of Retiarius' post. 😡

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/07/2022 10:34  

So we are "arrogant, ignorant twits" for asking the transport minister to stop the rollout of these cycle lanes that in your own words "Cyclists haven't usually asked for these lanes either, so don't blame them for not using them." So what is the point of keep rolling them out?
And where does it say we was asking him to remove the rights of pedestrians, horseriders and cyclists?

Sounds like you're the arrogant one thinking your opinion is more important than ours and making your own story up so you can have a rant instead educating us on where we are wrong, That's if you can.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 13/07/2022 16:26  

Fookin hell and you said im a grumpy barstool.
Sounds like some fat lazy truck driver just reversed over his bicycle in a cycle lane as they were trying to push a pedestrian into the ditch and scare the horse rider into falling backwards of the horse and landing in the pile of shite that said horse just left on the road.

Update Reply
JP @ 14/07/2022 10:38  

I'm gonna add my bit 😝😝

the crt (canal and river trust) are now getting large chunks of money from gov to turn towpaths into cycle tracks 😳😳😳.......

i started my boat life in Nottingham and speeding cyclists knocked several pedestrians over, collided with a puppy exiting boat and think it's ok to simply ring bell very loudly so you jump out of their way!!!!

i heard there is a website where cyclists compare fastest times fir doing a certain route 🤬

i know there are considerate cyclists too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2022 19:27  

I am a very considerate cyclist, I only ever use the fekking thing when I really have to 🤣🤣🤣 but I refuse to wear the lycra 🤪🤪

Update Reply
dynax @ 14/07/2022 19:35  

Greetings Retiarius I had a look at your profile and you have clearly stated that you are OPINIONATED Just like everyone else who has posted in this thread. Ahem. Harleyy the web thing is Strava but as you have mentioned CRT I thought I would ask you if they are still a bunch of little Hitler's as the last thing I heard of them they did not have the authority to tell you how far you had to navigate but could simply say that's not far enough and start serious intimidation of the boat owner

Update Reply
Hipotomuse @ 14/07/2022 20:54  

I object to being called a fat lazy lorry driver.

I'm a lorry driver, I'm fat and yes I'm lazy......oh never mind and pass me another Yorkie bar

Update Reply
Moto996r @ 14/07/2022 22:04  

i keep my head down and crack on with life 😁

i don't know the full ins and outs so I'll leave it there hipitomuse 😁😁

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Greetings Retiarius I had a look at your profile and you have clearly stated that you are OPINIONATED Just like everyone else who has posted in this thread. Ahem. Harleyy the web thing is Strava ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2022 13:41  

Oxford has now got a lot worse, made cycle lanes on what is a major road costing millions and hardly any use but its near the major ambulance station and a fire station and now the road is gridlocked and the emergency services cant get through. we have also now got LTN (low traffic neighbourhood) and its causing chaos, small shops etc now closing as the delivery drivers cant get to them, people removing the bollards etc, no one wants them and its forcing the traffic on to a smaller amount of roads which are now grid locked, but the council wont listen over 65% voted against them.

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 15/07/2022 14:56  

Best way Harleyy

Update Reply
Hipotomuse @ 15/07/2022 17:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email