MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Your Favorite TV Show Motorcycling Based

Your Favorite TV Show Motorcycling Based - Forums [Biker Match] Your Favorite TV Show Motorcycling Based - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Your Favorite TV Show Motorcycling Based

Hi folks What are your 3 favourite TV shows about Motorcycling mine are

American Chopper - Some of the custom motorcycles are so cool

The Motorbike Show - Henry Cole & his mates restore so nice old motorcycles

Long Way Round - Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman had quite a challenge just wish it had been me going

I cant number them 1 to 3 I like the programs about the same

Update Reply
p贸g mo th贸in @ 24/10/2020 11:57  

Ride with Norman Reedus

Shed and Buried (with some old motorbikes in it as well as cars)

World's Greatest Motorcycle Rides

There's some brilliant other programmes too like Road, but these would be my top 3 :)

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 24/10/2020 17:06  

Anything without Henry Cole in.....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 24/10/2020 18:09  

Actually I have to agree with jinx.... 😂 😂

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 24/10/2020 18:34  

He's not really that bad, just likes what he does...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/10/2020 19:42  

He is a bit cocky but the content of Coles show is good

Update Reply
p贸g mo th贸in @ 24/10/2020 21:59  

I've met him,and still stand by my original comment....:)>
Years ago there used to be a series called "Southern Choppers",quite similar to American Chopper format,but far more down to earth...no drama queen scenes...:)>
" Bike World" is watchable,some good features and roadtests....ditto if you can get Eurosport or ITV4 or Quest for the "King Of The Roads" series ...Eurosport seem to have best coverage of most non MotoGp ....Dakar Rally,World Trials,World Motocross,European Speedway,BSB,WSBK,WES...LeMans 24hrs....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/10/2020 06:33  

And yes,i do watch repeats of "CHIPS" if i see them..(guilty secret,lol)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/10/2020 09:20  

And that folks is an indication of how much of a knob Henry Cole is.

Not sure I'd have admitted to watching CHiPs on a public forum, just to make a point though! 😉

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
And yes,i do watch repeats of "CHIPS" if i see them..(guilty secret,lol)...

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 27/10/2020 19:06  

Talking of the long way round series. Does anybody remember a similiar programme a couple of years before McGregors?

The doc was on satellite tv and I think the channel it may have been on was the Discovery channel?

It was like a poor man's version of Long way round and the guys who did the programme, where real life guys who took some time out from their teaching and service jobs.

They had to buy and use their own bikes and limited equipment and headed out on the same route as McGregor, towards Russia and with no support whatsoever. I think they got to the USSR and had to give up eventually, due to illness and finance. It was like a fly on the wall documentary with everyday characters.

If anybody can remember the programme, I would be well relieved. I just can't remember the shows title and I've never seen it repeated again.

By the way 'Chips' it's on forces TV at present about 6/7 pm. I only know this because I noticed the listing in the TV schedule........ 🤭

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 28/10/2020 23:12  

I think the series you saw was "Mundo Moto"...i can remember it...they went through a million punctures,rivers taller deeper than the bikes,all shot on a hand held video camera which frequently needed cleaning and drying out...everywhere they went seemed to be having the worst weather for decades....most were on very secondhand XT Yamahas...:)>
Google it,there may be traces...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/10/2020 06:35  

Thanks jinx for the info 👍

I'll certainly check that out fortwith. It's really been bugging me over the years. I would love to see the programme again. Can't remember for sure, but I'm certain there was a fair number of episodes.

I've also thought, that McGregor got his idea for his programme from this series. Not just Ted Simon's world exploits, as he stated in LWR.

Cheers

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 29/10/2020 19:14  

Phew,lucky escape!!...missed Henry Cole on Wednesday night...:)> Think i was soaking in the bath...far more rewarding and informative,Little Yellow Duckie agrees too...🐤

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/11/2020 07:39  

Ted Simon now living in France. Great guy and very inspirational.
I think the programme /film may have been 'Moto Mundo' Austin Vince. Some of them stopped early, some went round the world.

Update Reply
Dove @ 14/11/2020 12:24  

Street Hawk used to be amusing.
Sons Of Anarchy was amusing too, they must have been the busiest MC in the world. LOL
Kick Start was good.

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 15/11/2020 15:28  

Ditto Jinx, I would love to watch the programme that he hosts, but not with him as host.

Quote: Jinx
Anything without Henry Cole in........

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/11/2020 07:14  

WML, Jinx you are a manx, it's like a minx but masculine

Quote: Jinx
Phew,lucky escape!!...missed Henry Cole on Wednesday night...:)> Think i was soaking in the bath...far more rewarding and informative,Little Yellow Duckie agrees too...🐤...

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/11/2020 07:16  

Does the Dirty Harry film with Clint Eastwood count? Where a group of rookie motorbike cops go on a killing spree. Vigilantes.
Or... Happy Days with the Fonz? 😁

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/11/2020 07:20  

Magnum Force was one of my favourite Clint films too..
Lots of Guzzi 700 and 850 twins,plus a Triumph or two chucked in too..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 16/11/2020 09:16  

'Magnum Force', yes, thanks Jinx. 👍

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/11/2020 17:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email