MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How long have you been riding bikes

How long have you been riding bikes - Forums [Biker Match] How long have you been riding bikes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How long have you been riding bikes

i just worked it out , i have been riding bikes for 51 years . my Dad and two uncles used to race bikes , my first bike ride was around snetterton race track at 9 years old . on a 1924 350cc TT model sunbeam , that's when the Norwich straight was still in use .

Update Reply
NorfolkNgood @ 11/10/2020 15:10  

hi norfolkngood been riding my own bikes since i was 17 way back in 1979,before that my dad used to secure me on the back of his bike with his judo belt no idea how young i was at the time hadn't started school then

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2020 20:10  

My old field bikes from around 12,on the road from 16,but we didn't have a car until the 70's,so i suppose Dad's Tiger110 with sidecar was my first 'ride',sitting on my mum's lap...60 something years..?And there's me a mere spring chicken,pmsl...🐓🐓🐓

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/10/2020 06:34  

I started with a Kawasaki motocrosser aged 12. It belonged to one of the farm workers were I had a holiday/weekend job and we had the use of a 60 acre field complete with spinney and a disused railway line! Never wore a helmet, not quite sure how I'm still here...

First road bike was a Yamaha Rxs100, soon followed by a Honda Cb125 twin to sit alongside it (cost me £1or rather a pint of IPA.)

So to answer the question 41 years....

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 12/10/2020 07:24  

48 years and 6 years befor that on the back of my dad

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/10/2020 12:33  

Only about 7 years but was always into or around bikes from a really young age...

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 13/10/2020 14:33  

If we,re counting the years on the back of dads bike and in sidecar then its 63 years, 48 with my own wheels. A mere beginner.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2020 19:06  

A long time the 1st time was on a farm track on my mates motorcycle while still at school was a young teenager had bikes on & off all my life I hate being enclosed in a car but for a few years a car was more practical

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 14/10/2020 11:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email