MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Christmas get-together - virus permitting

Christmas get-together - virus permitting (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Christmas get-together - virus permitting (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Christmas get-together - virus permitting

Failing that aim a party pooper towards a motorcyclist as you ride past?

Update Reply
pรณg mo thรณin @ 18/10/2020 13:13  

Count me in 😃 ... bike gathering therapy 😃x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2020 23:37  

Has a date been agreed as yet?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/10/2020 14:17  

Not yet Jackie...... Wills suggested it and we'll have a Chinese Parliament tomorrow at the Old Smithy 😁
At this moment in time Squires is in Tier 1, but anything could happen between the stirrup and the ground

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 24/10/2020 14:40  

Strange innit, I'm in LS25 and so is Squires but I'm in T2. Think I may go live in a tent in the top field at Squires.🤔

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/10/2020 19:52  

I’d be up for it Wills but I’m stuck at the moment in Tier 3 lockdown (Runcorn - LCR)

Update Reply
Silverwing @ 24/10/2020 21:11  

This may be a 'yes if you sort it yourself sort of question' but has there ever been a Southern Xmas get together or is it exclusively for Northern folk?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/10/2020 22:39  

The southern contingency usually organise a Christmas Gathering.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/10/2020 00:01  

Get-togethers are open to everyone, no matter what part of the country they're from. And yes, there has been a southern event some time near Xmas in past years.
I'd been thinking of December 6 or 13 for Squires, virus permitting. If nobody's got any strong feeling, then I'd go for the 6th, although at the rate we're going it might have to be a virtual tyre-kicking session.

Update Reply
Wills @ 25/10/2020 22:09  

Gonna be a digital Christmas ,hohoho. Totally pish. But here's hoping

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2020 23:33  

That's the North and possibly the south sorted, anything happening in the West? Don't mind a long run in the summer but my blood is getting thin this time of year 😀

Update Reply
Dove @ 26/10/2020 00:16  

Why not arrange something yourself? Make a forum post to see if there is interest....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 26/10/2020 07:26  

Hopefully this lockdown in the LCR will have ended but folk in Halton are waning towards the restrictions as we are some distance from Liverpool as Wills is probably experiencing.

Update Reply
Silverwing @ 26/10/2020 08:52  

Lynn I dont think you cant have a Christmas do if there are more than 6 of you in the party. so you would need to do it under the radar which would make it very difficult to arrange and if the venue found out they would turn you away as they would be in for up to a 10k fine. 2 venues in Brum have already been caught and fines issued

Update Reply
JP @ 26/10/2020 10:38  

You're right JP, not this year there is a lot of uncertainty what will happen anyway. The last few ride outs we had were really nicely managed and members did adhere... There was no mingeing 😂 😂 as for any get togethers in the future there is nothing stopping members to step up and organise something themselves rather than just relying on others to do it

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 26/10/2020 11:00  

Yes Lynn we are hoping all the camps are back up for next year we have provisionally booked but we won't post in the calendar untill the new year. Hope you can make a few of camps

Update Reply
JP @ 26/10/2020 11:56  

Maybe that's a way forward Lynn, a final meet like yesterday's but we bring mince pies and silly hats. Crackers only to be pulled with your own tier group! If they do introduce a tier 4 or even as is now there's no way an inside venue could or should entertain the idea?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 26/10/2020 12:02  

The Southern Christmas do is normally a hotel job with a evening meal with most people staying over the whole weekend.
So social distance could be a real problem

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/10/2020 13:03  

Strom, if we can't find a venue... Maybe a field somewhere and we'll all bring provisions... 😂 😂

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 26/10/2020 14:03  

Could be the only way Lynn😂😂

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 26/10/2020 18:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email