MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Wanted - Chain & Sprocket set

Wanted - Chain & Sprocket set - Forums [Biker Match] Wanted - Chain & Sprocket set - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Wanted - Chain & Sprocket set

I'm needing a new chain and sprocket set for my Triumph Sprint ST and was wondering if anyone knew any good websites where I can source what I need. I've been quoted (approx.) £140.00 from Hein Gericke, but I'm sure there is cheaper elsewhere. If anyone knows any good websites, then can you send me the link via a PM, please? Cheers all.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 10/02/2008 08:20  

I've sent you a PM Blue. For the benefit of others also seeking parts, bikes and bike clobber and accessories, here's the URL www. uk-biker.net

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/02/2008 10:48  

Thanks, Will check that site out straight-away.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 10/02/2008 13:34  

www.wemoto.co.uk Brilliant service and good prices, they have never failed to deliver promptly (unlike a certain welsh mail order company that took 7 months to deliver a pair of clip ons with no communication whatsoever!) I have found Gerricks quite expensive for what i needed BUT they will price match anybody price. They also do a hell of a lot less now then they did even two or three years ago, still good stores though.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 10/02/2008 13:55  

On a sub note blues, if you have never changed the chain and sprockets on a trumper triple, you need to drain the oil first because the front sprocket cover houses the oil filler from what I can remember from my old Speed twipple..........Just advising you BEFORE you dump litres of oil over the garage floor!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 10/02/2008 14:01  

www.bandcexpress.co.uk this site is worth a look,I got a decent deal on a renthal chain and sprocket set for my bandit ,arrived pretty swiftly as well.

Update Reply
jeff903 @ 10/02/2008 14:51  

Cheers GH, I'll bear that in mind, although I won't be changing them myself lol. Thanks for the link Jeff, I'll check out the availability and prices asap. Mark

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 10/02/2008 16:49  

GH, that's certainly true of the early generation of Triumph triples, but not the later variants. The 955i engines in the Daytona and Sprint ST have the filler on the other side of the engine and removing the sprocket cover won't dump oil on your driveway. It's just like most other bikes in that respect.

The sprocket cover on a 955i is a simple small plastic affair

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 09/03/2008 22:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email