MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Listening to music

Listening to music - Forums [Biker Match] Listening to music - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Listening to music

Do you listen to music when on the bike, what sort and does it change your riding style?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2020 17:33  

Yes,a 3 cylinder symphony...and the carburettor ones make the best soundtrack..👍
Now we're drifting into the realms of ...why?I thought that was the delight of riding a bike, it's intrinsic self-gratification,listening to the engine note change (not very often on some marques,admittedly).. i do sing to myself,although when directed at car drivers,the songs do take on a certain football terrace flavour..and nothing,sadly,could change my riding style,short of an Exocet missile..:)> ""OO""

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/07/2020 18:09  

And don't get me started on satnavs or mobile phone usage on bikes...jackets or tankbags have ample room for a map to be stuffed into,and NOTHING is that important that you can't wait for the next services or layby...:)>
Captain Luddite signing off...lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/07/2020 18:14  

It's a no from me , I don't use phone unless I'm stationery , I have USB to charge phone under seat , I sometimes write down the A and B roads before I go on a journey

Update Reply
zx12r ninja 03 @ 07/07/2020 21:29  

I used to listen to hubby's whistling 😂 😂 else... I'd rather listen to the awesome engine sound and the wind blowing round my ears... Nothing nicer....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 07/07/2020 21:31  

I'm with Jinx on the sat navs and phones. I have my phone on charge in my tank bag for use if and when I'm stopped. My travelling tank bag has a map holder and I have a shelf full of OS maps so a couple of main roads on a bit of paper for the long distance bit and then local map to stop and explore with. I have sat nav built in to my car and it just makes me lazy and I remember less of the roads as I don't have to think about where I am going.

As for the V twin sound track, it's good but not worth going deaf for so I wear ear plugs for all but the shortest journeys.

Listening to music is a separate thing altogether as I'm quite into Hifi but that's for a different thread....

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 08/07/2020 03:13  

Confession, I quite enjoy some music on an early morning ride our when roads are relatively empty. Yes, some AC/DC, Tina Turner, even a burst of Elton John. However, the soundtrack of the Heritage Softail is always a good place to start and finish.

Update Reply
carrek @ 08/07/2020 05:01  

Absolutely I do- (music- never a phone; Jinx is right; life is seriously too short for that) it helps when I am commuting in the dark winter mornings, threading through the London traffic in the cold and the rain avoiding the visually and intellect challenged car drivers either unable or unwilling to notice me. It keeps me calm when the voices start in my head...the voices telling me to kill and maim...oh, the voices, the voices...

Sorry, just had to take another pill there, I'm fine again now.

Update Reply
Gallowglass @ 08/07/2020 08:59  

Music yes, phones no.
Are you sure you have taken your chill pill?
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Absolutely I do- (music- never a phone; Jinx is right; life is seriously too short for that) it helps when I am commuting in the dark winter mornings, threading through the London traffic in the cold ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2020 14:19  

I'm fine now. The doctor told me so....

Update Reply
Gallowglass @ 08/07/2020 15:56  

I couldn't hear music over the sound of the carbon ovals on my Duke or the rattling clutch 😂😂👍

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2020 16:50  

NOW we're talking!!..Or at least when your tinitus dies down,748col...👍👍👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/07/2020 18:53  

Ha ha jinx yes I have tinnitus it's a mix of load motorcycles loud music and over 30 years of engineering 🙈

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2020 22:48  

No technology on my Sportster to hook up anything electrical, so I enjoy a sing a long. Twenty of your favourite hits not available in the shops.
Usually something topical from Easyriders or Woodstock.

As for Satnavs it's mostly in my head, due to truck driver pre Satnav days. When then it was Satnav head, for major route and atlas plus A-Z to finish off destination.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 09/07/2020 23:09  

So.. I'd like to listen to Paloma faith, Anne Lennox, Heart ,David Bowie, Faithless, linkin park, guns and Rose's. But instead a put up with an induction noise from hell its self and a exhaust tone from the other place.🙂

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/07/2020 20:14  

As they now have HUD(heads up display) in helmets for pilots,perhaps someone could do a bike version,lyrics from all your favourite songs scrolling past...vocal range may be a limiting factor...Electric Worry by Clutch could be fun on a twisty road....hmmm :(> ""OO""

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 10/07/2020 20:24  

A motorbike rock station as you go for all road riders 🤔

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 10/07/2020 23:27  

Planet Rock has a lot of adverts,but keeps me sane in the bus,if i forget cds or iPod..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/07/2020 06:52  

I am thinking to use my mobile as a satnav google maps are great I use in my campervan, also thinking to play planet rock on my mobile while on my trike or put some nice music on my mobile

Update Reply
pΓ³g mo thΓ³in @ 14/07/2020 23:14  

I listen to music through my Bluetooth headset, I also use it to talk to my riding buddy.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2020 07:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email