MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

After Lockdown

After Lockdown - Forums [Biker Match] After Lockdown - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

After Lockdown

So hopefully, when the Covid19 is all over, what are the things you are looking to do and most looking forward to. I know that even after lockdown, things could take quite sometime to level back out. But thinking and planning our route out of lockdown, is going to be important for our wellbeing. But also with not getting our hopes up too much.

One of them may be a damn good ride out. Where will that be and what route will you take first off. Are there other rides too, like a top 3 to do first. Will you just ride and ride, or stop at the top of your favourite hill, overlooking your favourite view and just be thankful to have made it there. Or will it be a visit to your favourite cafe for a frothy coffee or a mug of tea, along with your favourite munchie. Perhaps a run round and stop off for a nice jar of beer at a quaint pub. But not too much mind, safe driving is important here. Will you just go it alone or with some of your close friends all enjoying been together once again.

I know that my first rides will be the Yorkshire Dales, Lake district and North Yorkshire. Stopping off for an intermission at some of my favourite spots and enjoying every minute I can.

What about you 🤔😁👍

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 23/04/2020 10:45  

I have a number of long weekends booked which I wS going to now cancelled Rallies on. So if restrictions are lifted will just have to get out and camp or B&B instead. If I meet other bikers to do same more the merrier

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2020 14:48  

Would like a weekend in the Lake District, I know a brilliant route that goes over every pass, it's about 125miles, so with stops will take most of the day,

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/04/2020 18:30  

One of the rallies I had planned was Lake District , Dead End at Barrow in Furness

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2020 21:40  

Looking forward to riding down to Somerset to see old biker friends from when I lived there. Great route down the Fosse Way and through the Cotswolds. Trip down memory lane. Can’t wait.

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 25/04/2020 23:49  

Waiting for a good old camping session. Back to basics with a few tinnys 😛👍😁

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 26/04/2020 00:35  

Hey Susi if it works out right maybe you could do the Barge Inn with us as your passing

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/04/2020 04:06  

I plan on going to Amsterdam for a few days when this is all over, meet up with some Dutchies and have a right good laugh for a few days...........

This house arrest is getting right on my tits!!

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 29/04/2020 14:41  

A ride round Derbyshire,
A trip to the seaside via the Dales & Moors,
Scotland for a short break,
Then hopefully a rally or camp, followed by lots of beers and gigs.

I will be one happy bunny if I get 2+ out of the above list. 🤞🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 29/04/2020 23:36  

I think my first post lockdown ride will be a day ride through the Northern Dales, Northumberland and the Scottish Borders because it's going to be a while before I feel comfortable around folks again.
The cafes etc will still be closed so I'll take a flask and picnic.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/05/2020 07:32  

I'm lucky(?)...classed as an essential service,so no trouble with riding to work on empty roads ....an odd feeling in itself...:)
BUT..can't wait to meet up with the usual suspects,even if we all have to look like the cast of Gray's Anatomy,or shout insults at each other...perhaps semaphore flags à la Wuthering Heights by Monty Python??
Looking forward to seeing you all,stay safe and well peeps..xx :)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/05/2020 08:12  

Hey Bill, I did have the Barge Inn in my diary as a possibility before all this lock down malarkey. A lot depends on if and when the college opens back up to students. Still a possibility

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 09/05/2020 18:35  

I think every things a bit in the air right now Susi till were allowed out again

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/05/2020 22:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email