MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride (4) - Forums [Biker Match] COVID-19 - reasons not to ride (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride

No worries Ragnar and BJ will pay dearly for that misjudged action.

D6 I know what your saying but things are a bit different at the moment and as you are in the same line of work as me you will understand that even though the roads are much quieter our level of concentration is now even higher as boredom sets in sitting at a constant speed with very little happening around us and the last thing we need is some dickheads on a bikes coming past at speed. If a biker makes a misjudgement coming up behind a truck due to them not realizing how slow the truck is compared to how fast they are traveling due to the roads being much quieter and they clip the back they wont need to worry about the A&E there DEAD end of you hit a truck it don't bend it don't move.

Update Reply
JP @ 02/05/2020 16:29  

JP, I've just spent an hour venting my spleen with a rant that would give a guardian reader an erection of admiration with it's convoluted detail. No-one needs to be presented with that level of vitriol.
I understand what you mean but dickheads are always going to be around, natural selection will take care of them in due course as it always has. I wont lose sleep over mindless hoolies on the road, never have. I will say I have enjoyed having clearer roads to drive on.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but suppressing free speech? Too close to an Orwellian reality I want no part of. I say things how I see them and I am more than willing and open to change my mind if the evidence warrants the need for me to do so. You and I haven't always seen eye to eye and then again we have agreed on many things and had a few laughs along the way. Outright vulgarity and insulting slanging matches of course have to be dealt with, but open, honest, intelligent discourse and debate is fast becoming a thing of the past.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/05/2020 19:01  

D6 Im sure we will sit in a field at some point this year heading towards the bottom of a bottle and laughing at something watching the bbq burn dinner as we try and get out of a chair drunk and getting disapproving looks from a certain member of site staff. In the meantime stay safe and keep the bike battery charged lol

Update Reply
JP @ 02/05/2020 19:17  

Hopefully in Barmouth. Both bikes have their own optimisers which are constantly on now. Stupid mistake which I put down to everyday life...…..and getting older.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/05/2020 19:27  

Sorry i was too busy eating a mars bar to take any notice to you pair.
Remind me to wag my finger in both you directions .....
I'm off to berate Rags and slap CW

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2020 20:09  

BJ, you know better than that, we will laugh at your wagging finger. On the subject of pilfered chocolate, couldn't you find JP's yorkie bar? Scoffing that would have rendered him impotent where work is concerned.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/05/2020 20:14  

I donated the Yorkie bar to the NHS as it had melted my fridge in the truck has been broken

Update Reply
JP @ 02/05/2020 20:36  

Fair play to slap CW but what have I done?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 02/05/2020 20:58  

A fridge? in your truck? you only sleep in your truck waiting to be unloaded, what is your employer doing wasting money on luxuries like that?
Rags, you know BJ only slaps those she loves the most. The rest she wags her finger at!

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/05/2020 21:01  

And a Microwave, Heated seats, Air con, Cruse control, Eco mode, Lane departure, Proximity alert, Anti collision, Dock stopper, Stability control, Hill start, a Tracker that tells then at which end of the layby Im sleeping, More cameras than the BBC, and lots of cab spy's. I think that's it but you know the score. If they can use it to blame the driver its fitted

Update Reply
JP @ 02/05/2020 21:23  

Also have most of that lot in our cabs, except fridge, microwave and coffee machine, (which I really miss the most), only one spy camera in the cab which serves very conveniently as a woolly hat stand. I don't mind them knowing where I am to within 2 metres but I draw the line at being watched surreptitiously.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/05/2020 21:30  

Hey. Car driving, cycling and walking have their own inherent risks. Not only that but all the people who think they have to exercise for 1 hour a day and get in trouble through lack of general fitness.
For many years I did not own a car so my bike was my only form of transport. The one case of a motorcycle accident does not prove the case. If it did we should ban people from climbing mountains, etc.
Life is risky, but a calculated risk. Let’s embrace life, stay safe by all means but not get legalistic about the current situation.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2020 22:45  

Rags you know exactly what you did !
JP you could rent your truck out as a bejou apartment
D6 stop encouraging him

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2020 08:47  

Not guilty, I did no such thing. btw, Bijou is not spelled with an E.....just saying.

Update Reply
Double six @ 03/05/2020 09:14  

D6 remind me to slap you when i see you next

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2020 11:01  

BJ, I hope you don't see everyone you are gonna slap at the same event 😱

Your hand is sure to hurt!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/05/2020 11:29  

BJ Slapathon for the NHS 😬🤭😁

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 03/05/2020 11:55  

Thank you for volunteering YM!
Join the back of the queue, remember social distancing please!

I'm sure BJ won't mind.😊

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/05/2020 12:04  

BJ's already been on ebay to order a Licking Stick to save her hand, Thankfully she's not allowed to hit me because Ma will tell her off.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 03/05/2020 13:09  

Looks like I've joined the list of BJ's loveys.......you better include JP or I aint attending anything.

Update Reply
Double six @ 03/05/2020 14:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email