MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Looking for fabricator/tinker Manchester to Bolton area

Looking for fabricator/tinker Manchester to Bolton area - Forums [Biker Match] Looking for fabricator/tinker Manchester to Bolton area - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Looking for fabricator/tinker Manchester to Bolton area

for remaking/remodeling brake and clutch pedals on a Robin Reliant trike.
Have spoken to a few chaps on here some time ago but they seem to have left the site... Anyone have a contact looking for some work?

Update Reply
JayDeeRed @ 17/04/2020 16:16  

Does not need to be in the Manchester to Bolton area, but preferably within plus minus an hours drive from there abouts.

Also have a few other changes, nothing major, just moving the left side leg position of the gear lever to straight up above the gearbox in front of the seat... no biggie, bit of cutting and welding... 😉🤣

Update Reply
JayDeeRed @ 17/04/2020 16:26  

Well I would of thought someone on here would of helped you out

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/04/2020 00:46  

Could be the present climate and nobody is willing to get involved in anything

Update Reply
JP @ 18/04/2020 07:08  

Hi JayDeeRed

I remembered someone near me, that could possibly do this for you. Engineering works in Huddersfield that work on custom motorcycles.

B&I Engineering
Hill Top Works, 16 Hill Top Road, Paddock, Huddersfield HD1 4SQ
Phone: 01484 511534
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/RigidChoppers/

Not sure the distance is okay?

I've just spoke to them and they said they could possibly help you out, but would need more info.

They also said materials for manufacture are short at present.
They said you could send photos and plans to them, through the owners own email address. So you could get it designed and then wait for the manufacture, until the lockdown dust settles, and supplies stock back up.

Very small firm but experienced in this type of work.

Hope this helps you out 👍

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 18/04/2020 11:50  

Heya Bikabill
I tried to find relevant tinkers here but as people don't really advertise what they do I think I was going about things the wrong way, I've only started using the forum so I'm sure my request will gain the right response/advice now.
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Well I would of thought someone on here would of helped you out...

Update Reply
JayDeeRed @ 18/04/2020 15:29  

Heya JP
Damn right about the climate we live in... But people do surprise you in times of need too...

I know I ain't gonna get a knighthood like Captain Tom but as a health carer working on the front line, the clapping and cheering in my neighbourhood makes me feel really appreciated
👏🙏🤗

Quote:
Could be the present climate and nobody is willing to get involved in anything...

Update Reply
JayDeeRed @ 18/04/2020 15:42  

JayDeeRed Don't forget the next bm event that the mids events team are doing we are supplying the drinks for the nhs and other services so make sure you are there to over indulge.

Update Reply
JP @ 18/04/2020 15:51  

Heya Yorkie Mick
You went the extras... Thank you so much, I am definately getting hold of them.

I see we both have a penchant for the 'Aaar' Pirate ways lol... I will owe ya a solid Rum toast me Hearty 🍻

Quote:
Hi JayDeeRed

I remembered someone near me, that could possibly do this for you. Engineering works in Huddersfield that work on custom motorcycles.

Update Reply
JayDeeRed @ 18/04/2020 15:53  

JP thanks for the heads up ...

I'm hoping we will all be having summertime ride outs this year and I will definately be at any bm event that the mids events team are organising to support key work services...
Cheers... Here's to a healthy and happy summer 🍹🌞

Update Reply
JayDeeRed @ 18/04/2020 16:10  

Your welcome JayDeeRed. Hope it helps you out me hearty ☠️

Look forward to that rum 🥃 Aaar

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 18/04/2020 17:00  

Jaydeered try Atherton creative engineering (ACE) they modify lots of bits for bikes. they have a Web page and a Facebook page.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2020 15:01  

Thanks Glen
I've had a look at their Fb page, very interesting, I will make enquiries as these chaps are quite close to me.
😊

Update Reply
JayDeeRed @ 22/04/2020 17:25  

Great, I hope they will be able to help you out.
His welding is excellent.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2020 18:32  

Ohh Yes. exactly. His Welding is excellent. I gave him more credits for his Job well done. Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2020 23:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email