MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Ride Out to Infinity

Ride Out to Infinity - Forums [Biker Match] Ride Out to Infinity - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Ride Out to Infinity

For those of us not able to get out and about too much how about a virtual ride. Each road must connect with the previous one. Can we see how far we get, I want to do the North Coast 500 but this way we could do the whole coast of Britain!

I'll start it up with the A14....

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 15/04/2020 16:41  

I've got a long one A12 to Great Yarmouth, could people name a town they finish at as I had a job finding the A14

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/04/2020 19:54  

Sorry, assumed everyone has heard of it. By the way the A12 became the A47 at Lowestoft....

Right onto A149 to Caister!

This might be helpful if anyone's interested https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 15/04/2020 20:38  

Think no one wants to play, on my map A12 stopped at Great Yarmouth than A149 stops at Kings Lynn then A17 to A16 cross roads just after Fosdyke

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 17/04/2020 20:17  

Looks like it is just me and thee, maybe as we go north others will join in...

Right onto the A16 North to Boston and then pick up the A52 to Skegness (via the Batemans brewery at Wainfleet)

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 17/04/2020 21:03  

If it had been a few years back we could of done the MCN Butlins weekend, there were brilliant, any way a road I know well, A158 /A1028/A16 to Louth but let's turn left and call in at Cadwell Park in the 1970s you would find me racing there most weekends

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/04/2020 05:10  

I know Cadwell as I am a rally Marshall. Imagine coming downhill into Coppice from the wrong direction with a tyre chicane on the apex, in the rain!! That was an interesting morning in the mist.

Anyway, to continue our ride how about hanging a right onto the B1200 at Louth and then heading north on the A1031 to Cleethorpes.

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/04/2020 12:44  

I had a problem at the gooseneck went straight across the infield and came out on park straight going in the wrong direction, any way let's go up the A180 and drop onto the A1077 to Barton on Humber, we might just catch Barton bike night, we could also have dropped into Guy Martin's pub as we passed it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/04/2020 16:15  

That must have been interesting for anyone exiting Charlie's at the time. My neighbour races in the Hyundai Coupe Cup and he got nudged off over the Mountain into the armco passing a back marker which didn't exactly help his season.

Howabout the A16 North over the Humber Bridge then right onto the A63 to Hull (took my daughter to the Deep once and she loved it) and pick up the A1033 to Withernsea?

Surely we must be far enough north for someone else to know where we are?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/04/2020 17:05  

So Vstorm did you stop by my house for the night near the Humber Bridge when you passed it, from Withernsea we'll take the road up to Hornsea than the B1242 to Skipsea and on to the B1249 calling in at the biker cafe at Bedford and on to Driffield than the A166 to Fridaythorpe were we can have some lunch at Seaways biker cafe then on to York and the A64 to Tadcaster and the A162 to Sherburn were we can camp for the night at Squires, about the second biggest biker cafe in England.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/04/2020 03:56  

Well you confused me by going inland and south, albeit for good reason!

If we take the B1222 back north to the A64 then head up to Malton where we can pick up the A169 to Pickering. A short distance across the A170 would take us to Thornton le Dale where we could see if they are filming Bangers and Cash and take a ride around the Dalby Forest Drive which would suit my Strom. We could then drop back down to the A170 for the run into Scarborough and a few laps of Oliver's Mount for your Fireblade?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 26/04/2020 04:47  

Olivers Mount, one of my favourite places where I sheared the teeth off the fibre automatic advance/retard magneto pinion on my triton hammering it up that hill a very long time ago. After that I'd go to whitby via Robin hoods Bay then onto my favourite run through Ruswarp, sleights, Grosmont, Egton Bridge, glaisdale Lealholm, Danby, Castleton, CommonDale, Kildale to great ayton for an ice cream by the river

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2020 21:03  

That was a struggle, no road numbers for us southerners!

Howabout carrying on from Great Ayton and crossing the A172 then turning North on the A19.......

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 25/12/2020 05:56  

From gt ayton I would rather have gone over to Saltburn then Redcar (sorry don't know those Rd numbers, when you know your way around you don't tend to know the back Rd numbers) then I'd go along the a66 to Middlesbrough, over the transporter bridge to seaton Carew and your on your own from there. Thats as far as I'm familiar with. Have fun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/12/2020 17:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email