MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Spam Profiles?

Spam Profiles? - Forums [Biker Match] Spam Profiles? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Spam Profiles?

What the chuff is going on? New female members showing they joined and a few minutes later they joined again?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/04/2020 23:31  

Evening Sandi read down the comments in chat will explain all think admin are going to be busy 😄

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 10/04/2020 23:42  

Evening Glyn, lol I reckon you're right, they're going to be busy.
When I saw the profile pic of a woman in a bikini I felt that it was spam, then noticed loads more women joined at exactly the same time.
I hope they didn't nod at anyone. 😅

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/04/2020 00:02  

I hadn't noticed, been on forum and answered messages decided to see who was in chat and started reading and had a look on notification. Same photos for a lot and same name pattern.
At least they could be a bit more inventive,

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 11/04/2020 00:11  

I can't see the satisfaction of spamming like that, if I was wanting to pee off someone I'd want to see the annoyance on their face 🤬😂

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/04/2020 00:15  

They may be fishing (phishing) for other opportunities.
Passed my bedtime now night Sandi

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 11/04/2020 00:18  

Nite Glyn

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/04/2020 00:28  

Had a couple while I've been on Sandi, improbable photos and profile with tell you later. Sending nods then straight away ask to chat on WhatsApp.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2020 00:48  

Hello Bren
20 years ago I used to get a lot of messages asking me 'why are you on a dating site?' lol, I don't think they believed my photos were me. I wasn't always ugly and old 😂
I would never chat before passing a fair few messages first. Pushy or what?! Lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/04/2020 01:03  

What does me is that some members are more interested in reporting profiles from the birthday list that have been inactive for years than reporting these spammers.

I would like to add that the profiles were blocked last night and most of the profiles were deleted, however there may still be a few profiles that haven't yet been deleted. If you come across one please PM me with the username so it can be removed.

Thanks

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 11/04/2020 07:30  

Noticed that myself, different profiles with the same picture and different names, scammers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2020 08:07  

I didn't see this forum befor I started another,

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/04/2020 08:52  

No problem Bill. 🙂

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/04/2020 11:01  

As Ragnar has said above, us Mods are human, so any help we get by folks reporting suspected spammers is much appreciated.
We had a busy night last night!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/04/2020 17:16  

I spent ages reporting a load of them, logged in again later and there were loads more. So I reported them as well. I'm wondering if it's a person or a Spambot, would be interesting to know what the IP number is.

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 11/04/2020 17:18  

It was a spambot, Matt the Boss did the necessary with the IP address

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/04/2020 19:56  

I used to get inundated with supposed Russian beauties offering me the world. I found the trick was to ask specific questions (if you can be bothered) and they would always reply with a one size fits all cut and paste answer. One time I got an address and when I Googled it, it turned out to be a car park in an obscure Russian town. Good fun if you've nothing better to do and when you string them along they really get pissed. LOL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2020 20:54  

I used to that years ago G befor the internet with dirty phone calls, wind them up and piss them of

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/04/2020 23:36  

Bill.....you have the same sense of mischief as I.
My favourite one was a Russian "lady" who contacted me via spam mail and whose real name was probably Boris or any number of Russian mens names.
She offered me a fantastic vision of a life with someone young enough to be my daughter and I strung her along for week after week until she asked for money. To cut a long story short she called me rude names which only made me laugh all the more.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2020 00:56  

A lad who worked with me had one last year and was going to send money, I tried to talk him out of it but not sure if he sent any, no lady turned up

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/04/2020 10:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email