MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

permitted luggage width

permitted luggage width - Forums [Biker Match] permitted luggage width - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

permitted luggage width

Does any one know if there is a regulation for the width of panniers/luggage on a solo motorbike?
I see some adventure bikes with very wide panniers and wondered if there was any legislation governing their size

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/04/2020 00:22  

How could they complain about us,when our roads used to be awash with fatass 4x4's...such vital tools for the school runs,especially in snow and mud-bound London and the Home Counties....big panniers do reduce filtering potential,but door mirror whackability offsets this nicely...happy riding,stay safe..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/04/2020 09:32  

Thank you Jinx.
When I made my panniers I designed them to fit within the width of my handlebars so when filtering I knew that if my handlebars went through so would the rest of my bike but I've seen some incredibly wide ones mostly on GS1200s and other big trailees so I wondered if there was a limit you could go to. In the far east I've seen pairs of wicker baskets each of a metre wide mounted on bamboo poles but they seem to get away with pretty much everything.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2020 20:19  

I will have to try that "same width as handlbars" theory sometime..must admit it doesn't sound half as much fun as "CRUNCHTINKLEBEEEPYABASTA!!!!"

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/04/2020 19:14  

Trouble is Jinx with the profusion of dash cams life can have a habit of catching up with you.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2020 23:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email