MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Motoholics Anonymous

Motoholics Anonymous (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Motoholics Anonymous (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Motoholics Anonymous

Hello
My name is willow and I'm a motolic.
I've not ridden my bike for...... Ermmmm.... Dunno
Feels like for ever..........
Brummmmmmmmm
Brummmmmmm

Update Reply
willow @ 03/04/2020 01:25  

On the contrary gbear,I have decent kit,I just don't find riding any of my bikes when it's either pissing down or the roads are full of ice anything like a fun pastime.Round here it's rained that much this winter we're all getting webbed feet.My garden has gone from having a lawn to being a moss patch..

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 03/04/2020 20:00  

I'm a motoholic, slowly turning into crazy frog! aning ning ning

Update Reply
Shackleton @ 03/04/2020 21:31  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Haha! I live alone in the countryside and have taken to standing at my back fence talking to the sheep! 😂

I can easily relate to this, especially as they now have LAMBS

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/04/2020 22:08  

Don't know if I'm a motorholic but just got all the girls out of the garage fired them up just to turn the oil over of course purely medicinal for the girls to keep them healthy . Then I had to give them a bath with lots of bubbles nothing kinky honestly then of course I had to ride them one at a time back into the garage and rush back into the house . It wouldn't be the done thing for people to see old Grumpy smiling.

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 04/04/2020 13:47  

I got a feeling that when this is all over, there'll be a mad rush for new vehicle batteries.

Especially for those without optimisers, on bike or car 🤔

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 04/04/2020 21:13  

Just found I hadn't plugged the optimiser in hope it can recover it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/04/2020 04:01  

Just depends on type of optimiser.

There are cheap ones that only keep your battery cycle charged.

Other expensive ones which maintain the battery cells as well and can keep your battery not only charged but in good health.

Really important these days due to sealed batteries.
I think I remember, in the days past, you had to maintain your own cells with certain additives 🤔

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 05/04/2020 11:32  

Mine is the expensive one but if it gets completely flat I need to start it of on my dad's 1960s charger

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/04/2020 12:30  

Confession time - could resist no longer and took Katy for a spin this morning - dont know what came over me?
Maybe it didnt help letting her in from garage to sit by me in lounge last night - watching netflix, arm around her, few JD's and those big puppy dog lights just got to me - sorry folks :(

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/04/2020 15:13  

Sorry Pete but some people just don't have any strength or resolve, no staying power, they fall down at the first hurdle they fail to stay firm when the going gets tough, you have to stay strong, stay focused, think of the bigger picture and go and give yourself a slap on the wrist ,🤗😄🤗😄🤗

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/04/2020 18:25  

Wasnt MY fault Bill - but I did give her a damn good talking to when we got back - and made her go back in the garage!!

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/04/2020 20:28  

Quote:
Mine is the expensive one but if it gets completely flat I need to start it of on my dad's 1960s charger...

Would that be a Dodge Charger Bill?
Hard one to leave in the garage

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2020 23:25  

A Dodge that would be a good idea, spent last night looking at cars trying to find something different to buy if I sell my 1963 Mini Cooper

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/04/2020 07:04  

I broke the ignition on the work bike. Im not happy I may have to get 1 of the others out now

Update Reply
JP @ 08/04/2020 14:27  

Sounds like a lame excuse JP.
I can`t help but wonder how many attempts it took to break it? :-)

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 08/04/2020 16:36  

Hi I'm Dee and I haven't had bike out in 13 days...back in car tomoz, going to work. mee maw

Update Reply
WeeDee @ 10/04/2020 21:13  

My name is Mac Max and I'm a motoholic, the exhaust finally gave up last week after several repairs and half the stock of gun gum from Halfords . I striped the exhaust of the bike and waiting for the payday at end of month to order the new exhaust system, so in the meantime to help with the therapy I put the laptop on the handlebars YouTube motorcycle journeys sit on the bike with a tinnie in hand. note of caution after getting near to the end of an eighteen pack you tend to slip off lol ,,

Update Reply
Mac Max @ 13/04/2020 18:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email