MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Lockdown

Lockdown - Forums [Biker Match] Lockdown - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Lockdown

Ohhh well that's me 12 weeks in solitary lol no Bike riding what is a bloke to do !!

Update Reply
Grino @ 24/03/2020 09:54  

All those jobs you put off in the past... Timecto buy accessories and fit them, modifying... Cleaning, service, tidy workshop.... The possibilities are endless... 😂 8

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 24/03/2020 11:03  

If you don't have the accessories you can only order them online but when you get them no one knows with no one working to pack and send the item and then if it did show up.
I wanted to work on the bike I can't.
My garage is five minutes away so I don't think it would be classed has being self-isolation.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 24/03/2020 11:33  

My cooker delivery has been put back a month so ordering on line is hit or miss to say the least food takes 2 weeks so I'd b very weary of that. Take care all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/03/2020 12:16  

All my jobs done not much more I can do with Thunderbird , ive been off a month already waiting on a knee opp , cancelled now , bugger its getting walk into garage via a snack lol

Update Reply
Grino @ 24/03/2020 15:24  

I'm a truck driver classed as an essential worker also classed as high risk due to age and medical bits and bobs . still working 60 hours a week . too knackered at weekends to do any of the above mentioned projects but managed a 2 hour ride out on Saturday it felt great . Might be the last for a while . Still plenty of muppets in tin cans out there ignoring what's going on their probably the buggers that have caused the crisis in the shops. keep the faith people we're not done yet . Its just time to plan your next adventure.

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 24/03/2020 19:47  

Took a ride Sunday to help a friend with a battery problem,30 miles of nearly empty motorway,bliss both ways...using the bikes to maintain my isolation from others on the way to work and back, tinbox drivers don't wear gloves or neck tubes and helmets....driving the vulnerable and elderly in a charity minibus hopefully lowers my risk of infection..but have to try and get these (often very worried) elderly folk to shops and back,in a safe manner and minimising their problems where possible...normally have 14 -16 passengers on a Tuesday..today 2..:/>
Stay safe people..x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 24/03/2020 22:39  

Hi Grumpy im a fellow trucker the guys still on the road are heroes in my opinion , an its about time we are given the credit an the wage for the job we do !! This goes out to all who are working during this time what a cracking job ppl do keep it up we need you . ROCK ON then RIDE SAFE when this nightmare is over

Update Reply
Grino @ 25/03/2020 11:54  

I'm knackered to put it nicely I've been locked in since last week health reasons apparently???? Just got told to stay indoors copd but I've only had one operation ever n now they wanna do a food drop please don't let bloody bob geldof arrive with it or I'll b locked in for 15yrs...stay safe all n if passing after this bs call in for coffee A2 sun in the sands roundabout👍

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2020 13:52  

Grino I fully agree with your thoughts.

In desperate times, such as these, people need to realise how important these essential key workers are, including drivers, They put up with danger, log jammed roads, drivers hours & regulations, unsociable hours, plus extreme stress and tight deadline schedules.

I sometimes think people don't give it thought, on how items (food or other) appear on the shelves. I feel they think it happens as if by magic. 👍
Please spare a thought when buying your next item.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 25/03/2020 14:48  

As a driver myself it baffles me as to how can they call 95 % of the loads on the roads essential there not its just the companies saying yes we will take that the only loads that should be on the roads are medical food and the like this BS of containers of parts for places like JCB JLR and many other companies that are closed should be left in storage untill such time as this calms down a lot

Update Reply
JP @ 25/03/2020 15:29  

I drive fuel tankers and I can tell you fuel is running out the refineries have cut back production and the terminals are struggling to meet demands .we are cutting customers orders back taking part loads to try to make it go round .Its only a matter of time if it keeps going as it is and they'll be rationing the fuel . But that's ok if every ones off the road it won't be a problem

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 25/03/2020 18:53  

Clap For Carers, just taken place in my street, all houses on their doorsteps, clapping and rattling pans of all descriptions! Think we made enough noise for most of G-Town.

Hats off and HUGE THANK YOU to all Blue Light Services and everyone involved in the effort to beat this devastating virus. 👒🎩

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/03/2020 20:09  

Yep same where I live , was good to hear

Update Reply
Grino @ 27/03/2020 05:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email