MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Round of Applause For James Hillier

Round of Applause For James Hillier - Forums [Biker Match] Round of Applause For James Hillier - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Round of Applause For James Hillier

https://www.autosport.com/tt/news/148721/tt-winner-hillier-offers-help-to-selfisolating-people

What a great guy!

I'm finding things impossible when trying to shop for my elderly aunt.

She lives alone, I see her everyday morning n night, do any chores she has and spend time chatting (mainly about the old days!) However I feel totally inadequate with regards to her shopping needs. I have found it impossible to get toiletries, bread, milk and fresh vegetables as the shops (nevermind the shelves) are wiped clean, as if a swarm of locust has hit the shop.

Whatever happened to #BeKind?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/03/2020 07:44  

This stupid panic buying is ridiculous!
I've just paid £15 for Oxo cubes!!

The stock market's gone crazy!

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/03/2020 10:06  

At least plumbers won't be out of work... With all the drains that need unblocking because people flush kitchen roll down the loo....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 19/03/2020 10:36  

Haha Ragnar

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
This stupid panic buying is ridiculous!
I've just paid £15 for Oxo cubes!!

The stock market's gone crazy!...

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/03/2020 13:43  

Lindsay I had the same experience, yesterday afternoon, when I went to Lidls I thought war had been declared and rationing started, never seen such an empty shop in my life.

Thank goodness for people such as yourself and James Hillier, who think about other people. Xx

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/03/2020 13:48  

Some shops are now implementing initiatives for older shoppers to enable them to acquire their food.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-17/older-people-enjoy-dedicated-shopping-sessions-at-supermarkets/

I've just talked with someone who stated that they were invited to my local Iceland store on Wednesdays to do their shop as an elderly person. Other stores will probably have different days?

Please pass this on to others especially the elderly!

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 19/03/2020 14:12  

Mick, yeah it's a great idea in principle but what about those like my aunt, who can't get out to the shops? I can't go stand in the queue with the OAPs, as I won't be let into the shop even though I would be doing her shopping.

A huge THANK YOU to Tilpix for getting bread n milk for her today. You are a 🌟 of great proportions.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/03/2020 20:17  

Your right Lindsay. Great idea but that seems to be the Flore 🤔 Unless it's something that could be raised to their head office, with the implementation of some kind of way that a carer, or someone similiar, been able to do it for them (with ID of course) Probably a bit complicated to do and also possibly open to abuse? No I'm not saying you contact them, it's just a thought 🤔

Having said that the way things are going it may not last long anyway. As those older people that can make it, may be advised, before long, to self Isolate and stay in doors.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 19/03/2020 21:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email