MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Covid 19 and motorcycles

Covid 19 and motorcycles (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Covid 19 and motorcycles (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Covid 19 and motorcycles

Walking & cycling counts as your allowed daily exercise.
Riding a motorbike is assumed by many to be a leisure, ie unnecessary journey, but a bike is still a legitimate form of transport - just make sure you've got some groceries on the back.
But (and I've ranted about this before) be careful. I mean be very, very careful. The NHS doesn't need us playing "hedge, road, sky, hedge, road, sky.. ouch" right now.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/03/2020 21:39  

thank you steve h. i'm new to motorbike, so very careful

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2020 23:26  

Luckily,i'm still able to ride to work and back,not seen this many dry days together since last year around September..i COULD take my car, but my choice with local roads so quiet..Pilly chick's concern says it all about the compassion of her profession,respect and bravo to all NHS workers...the prospect of being told to cease my minibus service ,sooner rather than later,fills me with worry for the isolated and elderly folk i meet every day....if i get seconded into medical transport use,then so be it.
Perhaps this experience will make us all aware of the need for unity,stay safe and well..:)>
And when we can meet freely again,mine's a double JD,no ice...x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/03/2020 23:34  

Jinx, let me know when you are going to partake in the JD, once able to enjoy it socially and I'll join you, in the Double Jack, no ice, no coke club!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/03/2020 06:50  

I'll drink to that...👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/03/2020 07:02  

I would, but I don't drink at home or alone. Give me an opportunity in company or in a field and ... well a double Jack, no ice, no coke is not to be missed 😊👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/03/2020 07:21  

The next BM camp that goes ahead that the Midlands events team hold we will bring a few drinks for the NHS and care workers.
Bring your ID as you will get a free drink off the Midlands events team.

We will bring.
A bottle of JD
A Bottle of SC
A Bottle of Vodka
A Bottle of Whisky
A selection of cans and soft drinks

Update Reply
JP @ 28/03/2020 08:29  

Same as I said in another post let's give them a bottle each

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 28/03/2020 14:10  

That could get a bit expensive Bill lol

Update Reply
JP @ 28/03/2020 15:46  

Sounds like Bill has got lucky on the lottery. Do essential workers get a bottle? If so, mines a remy martin please.

Update Reply
Double six @ 28/03/2020 16:12  

66,i know his brother,Ricky Martin,will he do..??😆

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/03/2020 22:51  

I'd be happy to chip in with a couple of bottles if if we can find other to do so, I just think it would be nice if we could do something to acknowledge the work that our members who are key workers are doing while the rest of us are self isolated

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 28/03/2020 23:54  

Put me down to chip in a couple of bottles as well

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 31/03/2020 23:24  

Jinxy, I am that man so your contribution will be gratefully accepted.

Update Reply
Double six @ 01/04/2020 01:08  

The government announced today that symptoms of Covid 19 can include lack of smell and taste so if you are tempted to wear Old Spice or Brut, drink JD or listen to AC/DC you should self isolate immediately.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2020 16:50  

As a front line nurse i am furious with the Scottish chief medical officer who clearly flouted her own advice to stay home to save lives.
What does she do? Visits her 2nd home..not once but twice with het husband and kids.
While we are working 12 hour shifts with a plastic apron and surgical mask trying to keep safe with numerous covid 19 patients coming through the doors this so called educated woman obviously believes she can do as she pleases.
I for one am.utterly furious😡
Rant over.
Stay safe please.

Update Reply
Pilly chick @ 05/04/2020 23:28  

Please don't ever stop ranting Pilly Chic. Something has to happen to get through to the dip shits. In this case it's cost her her job which is only right for her being a nob

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2020 23:34  

Thanks gbear. Im not one to rant normally but she made my blood boil!!

Update Reply
Pilly chick @ 05/04/2020 23:39  

A scotish nurse was not allowed visit and elderly patient because apparently her uniform wasn't right.What a load of c--p.And i agree pilly chick.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 06/04/2020 10:56  

Pilly Chick you just keep on ranting, and stay strong with your colleagues. I'm a retired Charge Nurse and want to be there back on the front line but have cancer so not allowed. Its her and others like her that don't stick to the guidelines that suggest to others it OK to breach the regulations.
Some people need to open their eyes and ears and think.
My rant over now.

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 06/04/2020 12:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email