MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Choosing my next bike??

Choosing my next bike?? - Forums [Biker Match] Choosing my next bike?? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Choosing my next bike??

Afternoon!

So i have decided i want to upgrade and get a newer bike. I love to ride middlweight supersports (600+ but not litre bikes, tad too much for me), and i intend to do some track days once ive got the rest of my gear sorted!

Does anyone here have any experience of Middleweight sports bikes post about 2011 ish.

Budget will be around the 6-7K mark, but really just looking for general opinions!

I was looking at the Daytona 675, GSXR600, R6, ZX-6R... they all look stunning!

My previous bike has caused me no end of issues, i really want something thats going to be reliable (had a CBR600F4 -1999 - 8000miles)

Cheers!

Update Reply
Burtondrums @ 15/03/2020 18:09  

Hi, CBR600F4 are usually very reliable and good track tools. You may have just been unlucky. Your budget would get you a good bike, but suggest keep some funds back for good bang for buck mods like rear shock, jack up plates, tyres and Power commander if you want to tune from track. Older bikes can often perform better than newer bikes if you update the suspension. Stock suspension is usually very basic and often a simple rear shock change and lifting of the rear to improve turning, can improve the handling dramatically

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/03/2020 18:21  

Best advice I can give you is buy from a dealer. There are a hell of a lot of bikes out there with a very dubious past.

Update Reply
JP @ 15/03/2020 18:29  

All thought you've had problems in the past I'd say Honda, you can get ex Ron Haslam school bikes at a good price, you know there sorted and not abused, as said a few bit could make them perfect

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/03/2020 21:19  

Yeah i think i have got unlucky, it makes you worry though for the next one!

I'm not necessarily track tuning at this point, its still my street ride and often commute but track is something ive always wanted to do so im not worried about mods at the moment

What i'm hoping is that by getting something newer it should be reliable, lower mileage and hopefully last longer. Between 5 and 6k looks like I can get sone 2014 R6s, up to 2016 Zx-6Rs and similar GSXR600s... the main reason i havent included an obvioys CBR in there is because the post 2007ish models to me look awful. Their styling is hortid compared to their older bikes it seems odd to me!

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hi, CBR600F4 are usually very reliable and good track tools. You may have just been unlucky. Your budget would get you a good bike, but suggest keep some funds back for good bang for buck mods like ...

Update Reply
Burtondrums @ 17/03/2020 15:03  

I didnt know you could get stuff like that?

Quote:
All thought you've had problems in the past I'd say Honda, you can get ex Ron Haslam school bikes at a good price, you know there sorted and not abused, as said a few bit could make them perfect...

Update Reply
Burtondrums @ 17/03/2020 15:04  

Quote:
Yeah i think i have got unlucky, it makes you worry though for the next one!

I'm not necessarily track tuning at this point, its still my street ride and often commute but track is something ive a...

Yeah, would agree, seems honda started an ugly range back in 2008. Put me off buying a blade. 2012 onwards not too bad

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2020 15:00  

I agree that Honda looks crap now, I have 3 Fireblades and think my 04 model is the best looking Fireblade made, got it for Christmas it's done less than 5000 miles but can't use it now

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/03/2020 17:47  

Go and ride a Suzuki GSXR 750. You wont look at the 600's again.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2020 19:37  

For me the 2003 (RR3) was the best looking and Ithink lightest blade. The 2004 was a nice looking bike (motogp inspired). but then they got the ugly stick out in 2008. Sorry if I offend any 2008 owners :)

Quote:
I agree that Honda looks crap now, I have 3 Fireblades and think my 04 model is the best looking Fireblade made, got it for Christmas it's done less than 5000 miles but can't use it now...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2020 11:46  

I definitely 2nd the vote for a GSXR750 you will never look back.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2020 11:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email