MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Canceled rally's and hollidays

Canceled rally's and hollidays (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Canceled rally's and hollidays (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Canceled rally's and hollidays

Hey Bill, you must have had a big bag of laundry to do ?

Update Reply
Fink @ 15/03/2020 11:01  

For me North Wales is the place. Great Vistas and history.
In the 90's I used to deliver up that way and went to some fascinating spots. Up the 55 Llandudno, Rhyl, then up and over the Menai Strait bridge onto Anglesey and up to Holyhead. Then back down over the bridge and detour down to Carnarvon, Porthmadog, Blaenau ffestiniog, Pwllheli and then over Snowdonia back to the 55 at Rhyl towards Manchester and Leeds.

I've never been back on my bike but it is something I intend to do one day 👍

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 15/03/2020 11:44  

Not a lot only changed boxers socks and tee shirt when I got fuel and dried by gloves under the hand drier about 4 times, you know me I travel light with the minimum of rubbish

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/03/2020 13:56  

This Corona virus has brought home to some just exactly what those of us with Crohn's disease, aka IBD, have to go through. Running out of toilet roll is a permanent fear for us.

With so many deaths attributed to the C V I'm astounded at those who make light of it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/03/2020 19:43  

Already had a rally cancelled due to weather (frozen balls)pre IOM trip and Moto GP at Assen could easily get axed at this rate! next plan is holidays in the UK

Update Reply
cyclemania @ 16/03/2020 00:33  

According to public health England, as of 25th Jan 2018, statistically there were more deaths attributed by flu over the winter period. 155 recorded, all suffering with underlying health issues, and we didn't even have the woohoo flu then! Corona virus does not make you go to the loo any more than the flu does, so getting your knickers in a twist over a few jokes at the expense of the idiots who are panic buying the bog roll is pointless Sandi.

Update Reply
Double six @ 16/03/2020 01:07  

I'm amazed at these people buying bog role, the virus doesn't make you go to the loo, it's a dry virus so you don't even have a runny nose

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 16/03/2020 03:54  

It's all about fear and panic. 1- Just in case they have to spend weeks in Isolation.
2- in fear of an apocolyptic armageddon type world. Bit like the Will Smith film I am Legend.
But we know it's daft because you'll never have enough for something like that. End of day it's pure selfishness and no thought for others, especially the more vulnerable ones.
Just get the newspaper ready, punch the holes in, thread the string through, hang it by the throne, and away you go 😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 16/03/2020 11:07  

I was in the shop at the weekend n a staff member said things got a tad iffy when a bloke piled loads of Uncle Ben's microwave rice packs into his trolley, clearing the shelf in the process. An elderly lady asked him for one of the packets and he wouldn't let her have one. Apparently some of the other guys in the aisle got a bit 'peeved' and there was a toe to toe situation and lots of argy bargy. The lady left the shop empty handed and upset be the whole debacle.

Whatever happened to #BeKind? It didn't last long did it?!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/03/2020 13:36  

Shocking and disgusting Lindsay. I don't know how people like that live with themselves. I hope he enjoys it not 😠 As they say what comes around comes around 😠😠

I have a friend who needed some items (plus food) the other day, for her new baby. There was nothing on the shelf for her at the local supermarket.
She told me she went home distraught and cried with anger, over the distressing experience☹️

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 16/03/2020 13:47  

Quote 66
Corona virus does not make you go to the loo any more than the flu does, so getting your knickers in a twist over a few jokes at the expense of the idiots who are panic buying the bog roll is pointless Sandi.

The jokes were about it 'just being flu' as if deaths of people didn't matter.
I didn't say the virus made us go to the loo, I was pointing out that those of us with bowel problems always fear a shortage or lack of bog roll, so now those who don't have bowel problems may get an idea what it feels like.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/03/2020 16:36  

Back on track, News today is if your going away and its outside the uk your screwed. A driver from work is on gran canaria at the min and has been told he must stay in his apartment and if he is seen on the street he will be fined 500 euros on the spot. Thay has no way of a refund as he rented and did all the flights himself

Update Reply
JP @ 16/03/2020 16:53  

Just read 2020 TT has been CANCELLED
Meetings will be held in Northern Ireland today to discuss the likelihood of the NW200 being cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

Update Reply
JP @ 16/03/2020 17:24  

Just be sensible and stay safe, everyone needs to do their bit to help get through it. Please dont take it lightly and turn it into a joke, many have and will die, its a killer virus NOT FLU! No comparison! The sooner everyone comes on board with the serious nature of this then the sooner we,ll get it defeated.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2020 19:01  

I didnt joke about people dying, try reading what I did write.

Update Reply
Double six @ 16/03/2020 19:13  

I wasnt referring to anyone imparticular, i read your post D6, just having my say in general as my nephew is in ICU very poorly with this, poor kid doesnt know whats happening as he has learning difficulties.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2020 19:31  

Oh and while I think about it, flu is a viral infection same as the common cold.

Update Reply
Double six @ 16/03/2020 19:32  

Sorry to hear about your family but the sense of humour this nation is famous for is fast becoming a thing of the past.
Damn political correctness, snowflakery at its best.

Update Reply
Double six @ 16/03/2020 19:35  

The last thing to die in this country will be the sense of humour, just look who we elected to lead us to our doom.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2020 19:38  

Bojo is a vast improvement on karl marx protege, and useless excuse that occupied number 10 before him.

Update Reply
Double six @ 16/03/2020 19:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email