MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Anyone else get a parking ticket at Hallowistmas?

Anyone else get a parking ticket at Hallowistmas? - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone else get a parking ticket at Hallowistmas? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Anyone else get a parking ticket at Hallowistmas?

Just wondered if any one else was as lucky as me?
Today 3rd March 2020 - recieved a PCN claiming I had parked without displaying ticket on 23rd Nov 2019 - 13+ weeks ago!!!
Anyone know if there is a time limit to issue these things?

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 03/03/2020 20:54  

i do think they have got to send you a letter within 2 weeks of notice ,,

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 03/03/2020 21:03  

The only info I can find Pete is this.

How long do they have to send a PCN?
28 days

No Notice to Owner is issued in these circumstances. A PCN sent through the post should be sent within 28 days of the date of the alleged contravention. If you want to challenge a PCN, do not pay it. If you do, the council will close the case and that will be the end of it.

And that is from http://www.appealnow.com/parking-tickets/time-limits/

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 03/03/2020 21:18  

Thanks Mic - did do a quick google on the subject and saw anything up to a month
But getting it over 3 months later has got to be classed as unreasonable (what a polite way of putting it) !

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 03/03/2020 21:22  

Hi Ragnar - yep that fits in with what I found - so will just appeal it and see what happens
They are members of IPC (International PArking Community) but their guidelines just say tickets must be issued within a "Reasonable" time of the offence - which is subjective but surely on the UN Reasonable side

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 03/03/2020 21:26  

Oh no Pete, that's not good😯
Bloody ridiculous if I'm honest! 🤬

We didn't have a problem but I think that was more down to the Reception Staff explaining where to park and which machine to use.

I hope you get it resolved quickly in your favour🤔🙄👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/03/2020 21:31  

I think Al Timeout got 1 you could even see the ticket in the picture they took he has said see you in court as they have refused to budge on the ticket just keep demanding the money

Update Reply
JP @ 04/03/2020 02:50  

There should be a cut off point for claiming payment of fines. It's ridiculous that companies can demand payment after a lengthy period of time.

Like the government, with overpayment of unemployment benefit, if they haven't claimed it back within a week then they shouldn't be able to. Especially as it's their error in the first place.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/03/2020 11:54  

A week your hopeful sandi

Update Reply
JP @ 04/03/2020 12:32  

Lol, mm a rarity, for me, is that JP

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/03/2020 12:53  

Pete who is the notice from, which company?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/03/2020 15:15  

Company is Excel Parking - who are accredited by IPC

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 04/03/2020 15:35  

Have you gone onto their website and checked out the pictures assigned against your ref number?
They have to take pics by law showing no ticket was displayed.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/03/2020 17:03  

OK looks like the way to go is under the protection of freedoms act 2012 / recovery of unpaid parking charges!
They have to notify the "keeper" within 14 days
OR the driver followed by the keeper within total of 56 days
POFA is said to only really offer protectiojn for the "keeper" so as long as they cant prove or get confirmation on the driver it looks like they cant do a lot - Maybe they rely on gaining proof / admission of being the driver when people appeal against these forms? - and can then chase the "driver" who does not have the protection of the POFA :)
I will read through again over weekend and decide how to respond - but sorry I really cannot recall who the driver was that long ago lol

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 04/03/2020 19:20  

Pete there wasn't a driver it was parked lol

Update Reply
JP @ 05/03/2020 02:32  

ah true - and it was one of those new fangled automated taxi's - like it
maybe drivers name was Johny 5 - hard to remember really lol

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/03/2020 19:34  

Like Lindsay said I did as reception said and didn't have any bother

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/03/2020 23:42  

I just think that car park is luck on the day. I have seen cars with ticket s on them when the parking fee ticket is in the window and not that hard if they were to open there eyes and look. Like a lot of tickets issued folk just pay the £30.00 as its less hassle than a 6 month row. Maybe these companies should be fined for issuing unlawfully placed parking charge penalty tickits

Update Reply
JP @ 06/03/2020 04:50  

The fine is £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days - but it isnt about the money!
It seems these companies just take cars at random (even with tickets displayed) and then wait long enough for memories to lapse / cars to get cleaned and tickets thrown away etc - then as folks have no proof they take the easy / only option and cough up
Luckily in this case they have left it beyond the time limit to force payment from the keeper - and as i have no legal obligation whatsoever to name the driver looks like they are stuffed
Still expect them to try every trick in the book to force payment or get drivers name - but will appeal over weekend and see what happens

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 06/03/2020 16:41  

Go to their head office, and we'll do a demonstration highlighting this travesty.

Surround them with a peaceful bike demo, show them our disgust and while we're at it, inform the local news to cover our protest. About their unjust methods 🤭🤭😂😂😬

I'm sure that would but a bat up their nightdress 😂

Only yoking 🤔😛

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 06/03/2020 18:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email