MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Events attendance

Events attendance - Forums [Biker Match] Events attendance - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Events attendance

We've got few BM organised events in the calendar already this year which is brilliant news, we just need the weather now.
But it crosses my mind that out of the 95 thousand BM members it's only a tiny portion that go to events and those that do are of a certain age.
I appreciate not everyone likes camping, touring or riding bikes but I would expect to see more folks out and about.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/03/2020 19:35  

We were discussing something similar at the weekend Steve, at the time, early Saturday evening, there were about 700ish logged on, you would think from a membership base of 95,000 there would be a lot more. From those 700ish only a handful were using the chatroom or forums. It would seem most of them were exchanging messages for the most part or scrolling through profiles.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/03/2020 19:42  

We can but hope Steve what really gets me is the members that say they are going but have no intention of leaving the chair. There are plenty of events I would love to do but working the hours I do makes distance events and meets difficult

Update Reply
JP @ 02/03/2020 19:44  

I can vouch for JP's statement. HGV drivers don't necessarily want to or feel like travelling anywhere on their days off.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/03/2020 19:47  

I think some people are just a little shy

Update Reply
cw @ 02/03/2020 20:29  

I know of a few members who have sadly gone to ride up in the clouds but they are still classed as members and I'm sure that a lot of accounts are no longer active
Why not have a time limit on activity say 5 years of no activity account closed. People can always make another account

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 02/03/2020 20:49  

Unfortunately I can't get away for a full weekend so usually do day events

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 02/03/2020 20:59  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I know of a few members who have sadly gone to ride up in the clouds but they are still classed as members and I'm sure that a lot of accounts are no longer active
Why not have a time limit on activi...

Well said Smiler

This goes back to the upgrades discussion post. Because there is no limit on free membership they can simply clear off with no intention of being an active member and give the impression that there are more members than there actually are

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2020 21:44  

The problem is that Matt keeps everyone who's ever joined as members so it looks like we have a huge base of active members so he can sell the site to advertiser, in fact the active members who get involved in our events is quite small, it some thing I've talked about befor, but it looks like we're stuck with it, it also annoys me that there is room to keep all these people on the site who never log on but my event photos which were taken at events advertised on here have been wiped of by Matt,

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/03/2020 22:23  

Ditto JP and double six. Driving all week and afterwards, you just want to park up at the weekend.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 06/03/2020 18:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email