MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Loud Horn

Loud Horn (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Loud Horn (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Loud Horn

I must admit I'm intrigued ...what's a "mousefart" sound like? Moreover, what on earth does a "bolt on horn" look like, nevermind sound like ... 🤔🙄😲

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/03/2020 21:19  

A mousefart horn is barely loud enough to be heard over an engine at tickover..a là most standard bike horns...car makers usually do better at this,so you can sit in a traffic jam and bleat at bikes filtering past,lol...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/03/2020 21:58  

I put the full sound bomb on the GS after a guy nearly took me out on the M6. I have to say its the best things I've done and will be upgrading future bikes with the same.

Update Reply
Jimmymck @ 06/04/2020 15:57  

My BMW RT has twin wind-tone horns, similar to most cars now; those & the fleuro go-faster stipes tend to get me noticed & make people behave! Even if it`s only for a moment before the second glance, it`s enough to keep me alive so far.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 06/04/2020 19:52  

Nippy Normans. Twin pair, think around 115-119db. Had them on bandits, and Busa, great sound.

Update Reply
NickyG @ 06/04/2020 22:46  

I've not used my horn yet people hear me before they see me. Not me personally I must point out lol

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 07/04/2020 09:12  

I have reservations about loud horns, for me a loud horn would startle and possbly cause a motorist to react without thinking or freeze in the middle of the road. I think your better with a constant presence like a louder exhaust or bright side lights (maybe of slightly different hue).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2020 11:21  

OP - at the NEC bike show last Nov, R&G stand had 3 horns wired up to doorbell buttons on the counter. One was a stock jap horn you'll find on every Honda, Yam, Kwak or Suzy and probably loads more. Next to it were Denali sound bomb and sound bomb mini.
Well of course I pushed the buttons. Who wouldn't? 15 minute later I'm stuffing a sound bomb mini into my backpack - my ears still ringing. Chose the mini because a much easier fit - straight swap with no fettling or wiring needed. HUGE improvement!

Update Reply
BAZ224 @ 12/05/2020 23:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email