MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Barmouth camp 28th 31st augs

Barmouth camp 28th 31st augs (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Barmouth camp 28th 31st augs (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Barmouth camp 28th 31st augs

JP will tell us Mic but it's a camp site so you can go on any day you like and leave whenever you like as long as you pay the lady for all the days your there, I've stopped on for longer

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/03/2020 20:36  

Hi Mick yes as Bill says its open to longer stays if you wish. I will be calling in to see Debbie before the camp so I will let her know there may be a few thinking of a longer stay

Update Reply
JP @ 14/03/2020 06:57  

If anybody feels unsure about going to this event due to the CV19 outbreak I fully understand. If anybody wishes to drop out all I ask is for you to remover your name from the event. You can always re add yourself at a later date if things change.

Update Reply
JP @ 18/03/2020 05:02  

JP as I keep telling folks at work (NHS) for this year all bets are off. Everything is evolving too fast to make long term predictions.

My name is staying down for now. I think riding and small group camping is reasonably safe as we 'social distance' by the nature of these things, although we will need to avoid close gatherings in cafes and pubs. Mind you that is just my opinion and interpretation, I don't think there is any research evidence, and I'm not a medical man.

I would say if you have any underlying medical issues do not go, and if you start to feel unwell while away go home immediately while you can.

Things might change later.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 18/03/2020 06:04  

Ditto for me on any of the events i've put my name to....lunacy may be an underlying medical condition,but nobody's noticed i'm mad yet....:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/03/2020 10:42  

I've removed my name of events happening in the next 3 months I'll leave it in here for now and see what happens

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/03/2020 11:00  

OK thanks for the info I'm hoping to speak to Deb in the next few weeks and see if they have been given any restrictions from local authorities. Its still very early for this 1 but will keep you all in the loop. If the site is open we may need to prebook as I am expecting her to be busy with all the cancellations

Update Reply
JP @ 19/03/2020 05:27  

The situation is shite, we all know this. Seperation as prescribed is not going to happen. Even at a gas station its difficult..and the pub will be closed..sitting six feet apart around a camp fire conversation will be difficult. I think all meetings should be cancelled. This is not just for our health its for everyone in the UK..Essentially 2020 is a right off as far as meetings of any kind are concerned..awful, lm sure everyone agrees, but, we have to be responsible and STAY AT HOME..Simple

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2020 23:28  

At this moment in time we don't know what will be happening buy August the events team are reviewing all BM events. It is possible that as you say the year is a right off but until we get closer to event dates we are keeping all options open. In the mean time we are staying at home unless we have to go to work

Update Reply
JP @ 27/03/2020 03:04  

Hope they let us know soon cos i was planning to set off with the donkey soon, even tied a carrot to a long stick ready.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2020 09:41  

We have spoken to the site and at this time it is too early to say if they will be open. But they are hopeful that they will be open by then we will keep you posted with updates as we get them.

Update Reply
JP @ 04/04/2020 21:25  

Hey yarg you'll be passing my place don't suppose your donkey could pull my hand cart behind it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/04/2020 03:57  

No probs Bill but it could be some time before we get there pulling two, bring plenty of sarnies and carrots.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2020 09:17  

Your on, think it may need a push up the hills

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/04/2020 12:33  

We are still hopeful for this event but who knows .

This years Barmouth Camp will be over the Aug Bank Holiday weekend 28th to 31st August. Turn up by bike car bicycle bus train or donkey. Bring the kids bring your Granny Bring your wife if that takes your fancy. Great roads nice walks beaches are good and Barmouth is just 4.5 miles down the road. Pub is a 5min walk from the site serving good food local ales and as always welcoming staff. The site is good value and has showers toilets and plenty of room so no need to be pitched on top of each other and being kept awake by BJs snoring and Finks farting . Prices have not been sorted yet but I will post them as soon as I have them, if you need any other info please drop jp or bj a pm.
This is open to all members new and old If you don't have a bike but would like to come then come that's fine the only issue is car may have to be parked in the other field due to space. The site is pet friendly but you are responsible for them at all time Same goes for the Kids lol.

Any questions please contact JP or BJ

Update Reply
JP @ 14/04/2020 15:45  

Thanks PJ for keeping us informed, Barmouth camp is so chilled and entertaining.

Also thank you for resolving an issue it's not my snoring it was BJ
So Linz, Ollie, Susi Pop it wasn't me and noise travels at night to. 🤔

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 14/04/2020 23:24  

BJ's snoring must have been very bad if someone could hear her. She wasn't there, that's why it was so chilled.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 15/04/2020 03:50  

Rags don't tell anyone she wasn't there last year she's my cover 🙄

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 15/04/2020 09:52  

Are you saying you use Jackie's Tshirt as a bike cover

Update Reply
JP @ 15/04/2020 12:29  

JP, are you trying to get me into trouble, I would never do such a thing. 🙄

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 15/04/2020 13:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email