MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Quad Biker Struck By Lightning (Australia)

Quad Biker Struck By Lightning (Australia)  - Forums [Biker Match] Quad Biker Struck By Lightning (Australia)  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Quad Biker Struck By Lightning (Australia)

A QUAD-BIKE rider going for a spin in the Aussie bush was left fighting for his life after being struck by lightning at the weekend. The rider, so far unnamed by the emergency services, is currently being treated at the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Toowoomba</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Base</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Hospital</st1:PlaceType>, west of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Brisbane</st1:place></st1:City>. An ambulance spokesman said that the 35-year-old man crashed his quad bike when he was hit in the chest by lightning near Toowoomba yesterday. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> He was flown to hospital and is being treated for head and neck injuries and hypothermia.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/01/2008 02:47  

Hypothermia? I didn't think it got cold out there? I learn something new every day.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/01/2008 02:49  

Hypothermia can start when the body temperature drops by as little as 1 to 2 degrees C Kwak, it doesn't take much! If the outside temperature is cool (evening/night) and you are out of it you can't move around to keep warm. Your body loses heat easily 'cos we don't have enough body hair to keep the warm air next to our skin! If the poor bloke had started out in the day time he probably wasn't wearing anything to keep him warm in lower temps. Hope he's ok tho'.

Update Reply
Di @ 30/01/2008 13:12  

Hey Kwak......lol it actually snows in some places back home in Oz.

Update Reply
jabecs @ 30/01/2008 13:42  

Thanks Di and jabecs. 'Home' in Oz? ah maybe you can explain to me why it's called Oz and natives are called Aussies?? Why aren't they called Ozzies? lol Yes I hope the guy is ok too, I'll try and find out.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/01/2008 20:37  

barbecued Aussie....Mmmm....theres a joke there somewhere,but i couldnt POSSIBLY comment....

Update Reply
actionman @ 31/01/2008 00:35  

Dont know where it came from Kwak sorry ....weather out there is very changeable one min sun is out next a big storm rumbles in brother in law flys for royal flying doctors and he see's first hand how it changes. BBQ'd Aussie lol yeah its a rarity lol usually a POm on holiday sorry all but its true

Update Reply
jabecs @ 31/01/2008 19:36  

perhaps ories might be apropriate with all the orientals movin in i undersatnd they are a bit like like our ugandan asians were, movin in from Hong Kong an buyin up all he run down bussinesses an like an movin familys over an takin over areas ?my mates back from new zealand an he says its changing fast! is it the same in oz?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 01/02/2008 05:27  

Looks ok on Neighbours TM! NO! Idon't watch it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/02/2008 16:49  

I haven't found an update on the quad biker but I'll keep searching.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/02/2008 00:30  

hi all so there is a god then all quad bike -riders should be struck by lighting there a nuisance on the roads and you cant refer to them as bikers they got four wheels. now im bracing myself for all the nasty replys - free speech to all.

Update Reply
tractordriver @ 05/02/2008 16:29  

Quote tractordriver hi all so there is a god then all quad bike -riders should be struck by lighting there a nuisance on the roads and you cant refer to them as bikers they got four wheels. now im bracing myself for all the nasty replys - free speech to all. ROFL says he who drives a TRACTOR!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/02/2008 16:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email