MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Keeping warm...

Keeping warm... (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Keeping warm... (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Keeping warm...

Ooer Mrs. How very dare you Kaz 😂

As for Lindsay stop making me laugh, I get all soggy 🤭 😂

And Mick, thank you for keeping a look out. 👍

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/11/2019 01:36  

There are seals here, you are welcome to come and catch a few.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2019 14:29  

Anybody fancy wet fish 🤭😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 16/11/2019 16:21  

Well the sealskinz seems.the way to go, although Linzi, the newspaper idea could work and the tights sounds good too 👍....
As for the wet fish @Mick I'm not quite sure where that's going... 🤔😲😂

Update Reply
Karey @ 17/11/2019 00:05  

I have sealskin socks and gloves they work well but they won't keep you warm in winter

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 17/11/2019 07:30  

I must agree with budget chest warmers being old copies of MCN,i used to look forward to Weds. morning commutes on the bike,draught exclusion qualities of newspaper are excellent...ask any cartoon tramp,(not counting myself in this description,despite appearances!!)...:)>
Just browsing through the other folk's suggestions again,in case i missed anything relating to sheep ;)> And as a random thought,why don't polar bears eat penguins?? Because they can't get the wrappers off!!(i'll get me (waterproof) coat...)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/11/2019 10:28  

@ Karey. We better leave that thought there 😁😂

Jinx boooo lol 🤭😂 No good en 👍

Looks like I better get the sealskinz socks and gloves fast, before the stocks run out 😁

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 17/11/2019 11:15  

Yarg, seals in With'? Can't say I've ever seen any and I've been going to With' since 1979.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/11/2019 00:42  

I live here and see them regularly.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2019 09:54  

I know you live there, I remember when you posted that you were moving there. My ex in-laws lived there until 2010 when ma-in-law died.
I have a friend Sue lives there, she works at Tony's Textile shop on a Saturday.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/11/2019 15:13  

A word of caution about wearing tights over your head...……………..You could get arrested for going equipped. LOL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2019 22:19  

Oh gb...make sure they are new tights, no recycling your sisters laddered items, not over your head 😂 As for bread bags on your feet, l found them too weak..folded shopping bags more durable 🤣

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2019 05:51  

Hello l am really pleased that people are thinking /talking about 'keeping warm' l just read all your posts - excellent.
Aldi stuff is great,l have compared their kit with kit that's way more expensive,no comparison and it lasts too.
My Dad 80 yrs young still rides his Bsa,we fitted Electric start on it for his Birthday this year,sorted Heated grips for it too,now you can't keep him off it, he was talking about giving up riding and selling the Bike !
So,it doesn't cost a lot,how about news paper stuffed down your front,sliding about in the lce dodging any Peugeots...
Is it just me or do we all feel the Cold more now
Ride warm/safe.

Update Reply
Simon t3 @ 06/12/2019 23:09  

I don't like cars or tights...

Update Reply
Simon t3 @ 06/12/2019 23:22  

As a cbt and das instructor the advice is to wear the appropriate equipment for the prevailing riding conditions.Being cold on a bike isnt fun neither is over burdening yourself with clothing to try and stave of the cold and wet. Simple fact is if your struggling with the weather then take the safe option and leave the bike at home, theres always another day.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/12/2019 20:29  

Your right there Laverda, leave the bike in the garage till March

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/12/2019 11:06  

(Tuts ....)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/12/2019 14:17  

Yes you sit in your little heated car and leave the roads to all year riders lol

Update Reply
JP @ 12/12/2019 17:31  

March is my birthday month too..lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/12/2019 21:39  

Well I hope I don't have to get out of my central heated tin can to pick you up of the road!!

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/12/2019 03:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email