MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Anyone scooters for sale?

Anyone scooters for sale? - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone scooters for sale? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Anyone scooters for sale?

Hoping someone will have or know of anyone wanting to get rid of a scooter.

Update Reply
Jenna @ 15/08/2019 19:35  

Be careful there are lots of stoien bikes on the market your better off if you know the seller or dealership not saying that any members on here are selling stolen bikes but be careful

Update Reply
JP @ 15/08/2019 19:54  

aw yeh didn't think about that. thanks for the tip!

Update Reply
Jenna @ 15/08/2019 20:18  

What are you after?

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 15/08/2019 20:26  

anything ideal for a learner. won't be going far on it but I plan to grow old on it so gotta be a little bit decent at the same time.

Update Reply
Jenna @ 15/08/2019 21:56  

A traditional type of Scooter or a more modern one that's twist and go, do you have your CBT?

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 15/08/2019 22:41  

No idea what I want. Just something that can get me from a to b. B is only a ten min drive away so it don't even need to be absolutely amazing.

Getting my CBT next week hopefully!

Some say it's better to get brand new as a first and others say second hand. Not sure now.

Update Reply
Jenna @ 16/08/2019 13:48  

Check out Sheldon Motorcycles website, they have one or two in and have a very good reputation for quality service and machines. They will deliver and give good advice.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2019 13:58  

Not sure what Scooter dealers are in South Wales, good one in Nottingham, , bit far away though. A good second hand one is probably best. And from a dealer at least you will have some warranty that way

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 16/08/2019 15:32  

Hi Jenna ,
Can only speak from my limited experience , but I hope it helps ...
buy new if you can , from a dealer to get a warranty . Used 125's tend to be a rip off .. I bought my brand new Sym twist and go for £1800, used ones were just slightly less but with a lot of mileage. They hold their price as they're in demand . My ex bought a near pristine Blackbird , low mileage and full panniers for £2000 ! It's hard to comprehend !
Twist and go is easy to ride and good if you're learning roadcraft as well . They're economical too .. I put in £8 of fuel a fortnight as opposed to £100 a month bus fair !
Try a few for size and weight .. I went for the Sym as it was more compact and lighter than Honda etc , it's very reliable too .
Buy the right gear to ride in as well . Don't be tempted by riding in civvies , because coming off at even 20mph can skin you .. I know ! My top box saved my ankle from being skinned .. I was in trainers at the time .. not any more !
I'm very happy with my little scoot and if I want to go out to play with the big boys , I pillion ! You learn a lot from an experienced, careful rider. I don't drive a car , so being on the road as pillion gives you a chance to take it all in without having to concentrate on the riding side.
I wish you luck with the CBT , it's a fun day and you learn a lot . Well done for wanting to get out there !
I hope this was useful and feel free to PM if I can help with anything.
Check out the forums as well .. there's a good thread .. "How to stay alive " , there's a lot of very experienced riders on here and they're generous with their time and advice .
Ride safe !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2019 20:50  

Thanks bikercat. Amazing advice! Dubs is taking me to have a look at a few today.

I've noticed on eBay the 125s on eBay are going for more money with loads of miles for the same price as a new one!

I've tried a bike before and really not keen on gears lol think it's the whole balancing, turning and the whole multi task thing don't go well with me lol. Only just learnt to ride a bicyle!! So yeh need to go really easy lol

Thanks again xxxx

Update Reply
Jenna @ 17/08/2019 10:39  

You're very welcome and that's great news that you've got someone with a lot of experience to advise you .. good luck with your search !
Don't give up on the gears , have a lesson when you're ready , just to try again . I'm in the same situation and I'm hoping practise will help it kick in .. I'm a lot older than you , but I live in hope it will sink in !
All the best and ride safe x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2019 11:36  

Hi jenna, best option is to buy something like a used honda,yamaha,suzuki from a main dealer usually a big saving from new (a couple of years old) steer clear of any imported crap! and you'll have years of happy motoring just remember to keep it locked up! I have a forza 125 as a second bike and its brilliant but it's big and it was £3000 3 years old from rochdale honda but had it a year and it's never missed a beat anyway happy hunting!.

Update Reply
Pablo66000 @ 31/08/2019 17:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email