MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Mesh Gear

Mesh Gear - Forums [Biker Match] Mesh Gear - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Mesh Gear

Anybody here use Mesh Gear (top and bottom) ? Wondering what Brand and how it fits/feels ? Is it ALL mesh or just in part and made up with other materials ? Is it effective and keeps you cooler ? Oh, and has anybody crashed in it - and how well did it protect you ? Not 100% sure of all those tiny holes in it - that it would be 100% protective 🤔 Off riding in South Africa in January and looking for something cool 😎

Update Reply
justjude @ 13/08/2019 04:33  

I recently bought a Rev'It Tornado 2 Jacket which is predominantly mesh with full armoured cordura where necessary and I have gotta say I am impressed with it. So impressed I will be getting the trousers to compliment the jacket. It was very cool to ride in (borderline cold but it is the UK), however it comes with a quilted liner which is also GoreTex so waterproof. The jacket retails at £289 but I sized one up at a local stockist and then bought online for £199. Very happy with it, hope that helps :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2019 09:35  

Hey Booster - thanks for that 😬👍🏻 I had had a look at the Rev’It and liked its look and fit .... so good to see a thumbs up. Cheers 😎🏍👍🏻

Update Reply
justjude @ 14/08/2019 22:23  

I've had a Rev'it mesh jacket for years and it is my go to kit, along with Hood jeans, for hot weather riding.
It feels as protective as any other textile kit but it flows so much air I hardly know it's there.
A word of warning though, you can easily dehydrate as you don't realise how much your sweating.
And of course you'll get wet and cold should the weather change.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/08/2019 09:19  

I have a Fieldsheer mesh jacket and find it brilliant in hot weather

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 17/08/2019 17:03  

Hey Steve - Bill .... that’s it , the idea is sold , def mesh gear for my South Africa Trip 😎🏍🌎👍🏻 cheers x

Update Reply
justjude @ 19/08/2019 08:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email