MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Buying unseen

Buying unseen - Forums [Biker Match] Buying unseen - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Buying unseen

Hi has anyone bought a bike without seeing it and if so how do you avoid getting stung, what is the best procesd. Cheers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2019 23:05  

I would never buy unseen from a private seller as you don't know their reputation but from a dealer you can check out their feedback from previous buyers. My local dealer has great feedback online and often sell bikes unseen by customers with no problems, all visible online.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2019 09:05  

Echo that Yarg,but even i've got slightly burned..my 900 Trophy had a leaky tank that i discovered too late,luckily a quick fix....Ridgracer,better to insist on a lengthy test ride before handing over hard-earned in my humble opinion..caveat emptor,mate..:/

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/08/2019 09:50  

I think I have an illness as I keep on buying cars and bikes ...always ask for the reg number ... then go onto the gov website and look up mot s and tax history...that way you can verify the mileage..when the mot is due etc ...if the mot is due soon ask the seller to put a fresh mot on it ..if it passes with no issues then at least you know the breaks tyres steering and lights all work... if it’s on eBay or gumtree etc then there should be pictures...check them carefully and check the seller s feed back ...then it’s just down to condition and your budget .... hope this helps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2019 14:39  

And read as many reviews as you can as they usually point out common faults if there are any.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2019 16:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email